• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Eating jam sponge..
    Youngest daughter made a swiss roll at school yesterday, so we will be having a slice after tea tonight

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      I've watched Ronald Dahl's alternative fairy tales so I well leave well alone...
      Is that Roald Dahl or Ronald McDonald?

Comment

Baby bp bought home from school a Roald Dahl book "boy". Interesting story about his headmaster at REpton who became archbishop of Canterbury and crowned Queen Victoria. Dahl said that he was put off by religion by excessive corporal punishment, then preaching forgiveness. He has a point, but it turns out the story was a bit wrong..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoffrey_Fisher

In 1914 Fisher was appointed Headmaster of Repton School, succeeding William Temple, whom he later also succeeded as Archbishop of Canterbury. Fisher married Rosamond Forman, daughter of Arthur Forman, who was a Repton master and Derbyshire cricketer.[1] Among his pupils at the school was Roald Dahl, who went on to be a highly acclaimed children's author. In Boy, his autobiography of his childhood, Dahl wrote scathingly about Fisher's use of corporal punishment, which was, in Dahl's opinion, grossly overdone.

By the time Dahl became a pupil, however, Fisher had actually left Repton,[2] and so apparently it was actually Fisher's successor, J.T. Christie, whom Dahl had encountered.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Is that Roald Dahl or Ronald McDonald?
          You know the one.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Warm out there...
            Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
              Warm out there...
              Looks nice from where I'm sitting...

Comment

I see Nat's on its high horse again, Specifically in General.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  I see Nat's on its high horse again, Specifically in General.
                  I wonder if the horse is albino as well...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    Youngest daughter made a swiss roll at school yesterday...

Did she push him down an Alp?
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by wtfh View Post
                      did she push him down an alp?
                      taxiiiiiii

Comment

Working...
                      X