• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    I drink plenty of tea too, always seems right after a huge fry up .

Don't fancy getting some simple kit to grind and brew your own ?
    The argument is no space in the kitchen and given that if I bought something one of the Eek Jrs would probably have minimum 5 cups a day I doubt it would be allowed...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      The argument is no space in the kitchen and given that if I bought something one of the Eek Jrs would probably have minimum 5 cups a day I doubt it would be allowed...
      Aw shame.

I have no flash machine, we have a tiny kitchen, simply a grinder and a stainless steel cafetiere that's it.

Obviously, no MM juniors present with an appetite for my expensive coffee
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Rain update: still raining

But it looks like it's going to rain more heavily soon, so there's that

Comment

Morning

WFH this morning in the newly kitted out space and I think I've done a rather splendid job

i brought the pooch up for company, but its just curled up on a cushion snoring.

Comment

In exciting Harrogate developments, the scaffolding has been removed from the front of Betty's, so an uninterrupted view of Valley Gardens has now been re-instated for the cream tea types. Except when i'm shuffling by with my pasty, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Rain update: still raining

But it looks like it's going to rain more heavily soon, so there's that
              I got caught back in it on the way back from doing exercise.

I need to go out and get a prescription and go to the supermarket.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                It's legal to distill in the UK provided you have a licence from HMRC to do so. They are free to apply for but they have a minimum still size of 1800Ltr below which they may just refuse to issue one. If they do issue one it is subject to you having bonded storage, accounting procedures and processes in place to pay the appropriate duty.

You can get a rectifiers licence which has less stringent requirements that would allow you to take distilled spirits and re-distill them to produce gin or other flavored spirits at the same or lower ABV.

Essentially they don't want you distilling at home and while they can't stop you, they don't have to make it easy.
                Looking at the requirements on the L5 form for rectifying/compounding alcohol.
                ...all I want to do is make gin, but it looks like I'm trying to implement SAP for a corner shop.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  I got caught back in it on the way back from doing exercise.

I need to go out and get a prescription and go to the supermarket.
                  The car passed its MOT

Naturally, this news arrived when I was in the shower. It also coincided with the rain reaching its heaviest so far, meaning I got wetter walking the mile to collect it than I had done in the shower

Got to go shopping later but I'm hoping the rain will have passed on its way by then.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    Funny, the red sauce thing was prevalent down in the South East too.
                    Always had a strange whiff of vinegar, as I remember from when I was younger.

Just looking fwd to getting my 2 KG slow roast Pork in the oven.
                    Will be an early bath for me, from work, as my youngest brother is up from Bristol
                    How very odd (as much NF's observation as your vinegar whiff!).

Brown sauce or ketchup is the usual ask; ketchup tends to be sturdier stuff than the cheap tomato sauce that you get from burger vans and cheaper take-aways. While it's always good to see that an eatery has gone with Heinz Ketchup and HP Sauce, Daddies is a perfectly acceptable alternative, hence brown sauce being a sufficient ask.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Sod this I'm going to lunch.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X