• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Meetings all cancelled for a couple of hours so I went to the tip to get rid of rubbish as there are no queues. Now back online and it seems everyone else has buggered off as well.
    Sounds very familiar....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning denizens

Up at seven to open the gate for the bins, then straight back to sleep again. Now feeling most refreshed and ready to run my various errands - once I've had my coffee, of course

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Morning denizens

Up at seven to open the gate for the bins, then straight back to sleep again. Now feeling most refreshed and ready to run my various errands - once I've had my coffee, of course
        Lovely day here its far better working here than the office .

I have a couple of postal coffee subscriptions going right now.

I am particularly enjoying what these guys do currently

The UK's Favourite Coffee Company | Small Batch Coffee
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          Lovely day here its far better working here than the office .

I have a couple of postal coffee subscriptions going right now.

I am particularly enjoying what these guys do currently

The UK's Favourite Coffee Company | Small Batch Coffee
          Very sunny here too, though a bit colder than it has been. I may go for a walk - once I've checked it isn't still half term, as I don't want a repeat of last week's debacle

Comment

Very sunny here too, though a bit colder than it has been. I may go for a walk - once I've checked it isn't still half term, as I don't want a repeat of last week's debacle
            Half term (especially February is a week long - if it was last week in Leicestershire you'll be safe today..

For reference its Half Term next week in Munich....
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

No walk, but quite a busy afternoon. First I popped into the petrol station to get some stuff from the Amazon Locker, then up to the chemist's for my regular prescription. Then I went on to the vet's, as the Toyota's MOT is due soon; he's not too busy on Mondays and Fridays at the moment, so I'll probably drop it in on Monday.

Then over to Halfords, as my fag-lighter-plus-USB adapter thingy gave up the ghost this week. I need a new one as Google Maps drains the phone battery quite a bit when being used as a satnav, and it's very handy for knowing when there's problems up ahead on the journey to ClientCo and back.

From there over to Staples to collect a DHL parcel containing an O'Reilly book that Amazon seem unable to procure themselves, even though O'Reilly managed to ship a copy across the Atlantic within a few hours of me ordering it directly from them.

And finally back across and out of the city to do the shopping.

Oh, and on the way out I ran into the gas man and was able to ask him about the whole cooker replacement business. (He was on his way to my upstairs neighbour, whose water heater was supposedly broken; "Pilot light's probably just gone out" he muttered.) He confirmed that, despite the electrical socket that so confounded ao.com, he can connect up a new cooker in the same spot if it has an overhead grill like the existing one, and he can usually make it round on a Friday to do so. So I need to finally finish off the other bits and bobs in the kitchen so there's enough room to move the old cooker out of the way and hook up the new one, which will be nice to finally have sorted

Comment

No walk, but quite a busy afternoon. First I popped into the petrol station to get some stuff from the Amazon Locker, then up to the chemist's for my regular prescription. Then I went on to the vet's, as the Toyota's MOT is due soon; he's not too busy on Mondays and Fridays at the moment, so I'll probably drop it in on Monday.

Then over to Halfords, as my fag-lighter-plus-USB adapter thingy gave up the ghost this week. I need a new one as Google Maps drains the phone battery quite a bit when being used as a satnav, and it's very handy for knowing when there's problems up ahead on the journey to ClientCo and back.

From there over to Staples to collect a DHL parcel containing an O'Reilly book that Amazon seem unable to procure themselves, even though O'Reilly managed to ship a copy across the Atlantic within a few hours of me ordering it directly from them.

And finally back across and out of the city to do the shopping.

Oh, and on the way out I ran into the gas man and was able to ask him about the whole cooker replacement business. (He was on his way to my upstairs neighbour, whose water heater was supposedly broken; "Pilot light's probably just gone out" he muttered.) He confirmed that, despite the electrical socket that so confounded ao.com, he can connect up a new cooker in the same spot if it has an overhead grill like the existing one, and he can usually make it round on a Friday to do so. So I need to finally finish off the other bits and bobs in the kitchen so there's enough room to move the old cooker out of the way and hook up the new one, which will be nice to finally have sorted
                Should be fine

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  Should be fine

It's not the load on the socket that's the problem - it's the position. (That's why ao.com wouldn't install the one I originally ordered.) For some reason you need to be able to reach the socket to turn it off even if something on the hob is on fire.

I can see why if it's an electric cooker, but I'm not sure why it's so important with gas, where the electricity is just running the clock and the spark thing

Still, getting one with an overhead grill solves the problem, so that's what I'll do

Comment

Always worth Google term dates especially in summer.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It's not the load on the socket that's the problem - it's the position. (That's why ao.com wouldn't install the one I originally ordered.) For some reason you need to be able to reach the socket to turn it off even if something on the hob is on fire.

I can see why if it's an electric cooker, but I'm not sure why it's so important with gas, where the electricity is just running the clock and the spark thing

Still, getting one with an overhead grill solves the problem, so that's what I'll do
                      Oh I can't reach the socket on mine to turn it off.

And the connection has been checked regularly since it was done.....
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X