• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Can you get us some blue bags. We've managed to loss all of ours and I need to get about 8....
    If I have time. It's a guerrilla raid - I know exactly what I want, and have the Ikea app on my phone showing the location in the warehouse of each item on my list.

The tricky bit will be locating the well-hidden shortcut direct to the warehouse at the entrance but, assuming I find that, I'm expecting to be in and out within fifteen minutes. Well, make that nearer forty if the queues at the till are anything like usual

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      If I have time. It's a guerrilla raid - I know exactly what I want, and have the Ikea app on my phone showing the location in the warehouse of each item on my list.

The tricky bit will be locating the well-hidden shortcut direct to the warehouse at the entrance but, assuming I find that, I'm expecting to be in and out within fifteen minutes. Well, make that nearer forty if the queues at the till are anything like usual
      They will be by the tills if you can get them - will pay in chocolate or cash or probably both....

My usual approach if I just want the warehouse is to go in the exit you then only have to battle past one of the unopen tills to get in....
      Last edited by eek; 19 December 2016, 18:15.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        They will be by the tills if you can get them - will pay in chocolate or cash or probably both....

My usual approach if I just want the warehouse is to go in the exit you then only have to battle past one of the unopen tills to get in....
        Last time I tried to get to the warehouse after trailing around the whole place, the signs I followed ended up leading me back to the start of the store. Funny thing was, I didn't realise at first that I'd already walked past all this stuff not fifteen minutes earlier - it was only when I noticed an oddly shaped lampshade or something along those lines that I worked out what had happened

Comment

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Ikea done

Bringing everything in from the car has just about finished me off was splendid exercise, particularly as a fine drizzle had started just before I got home

And I was easily on target to manage in-and-shopped in ten minutes (followed by an age of queuing at the tills) but the very last item I wanted wasn't where my phone said it should be. It was out in one of the "aisle 0" display areas and there was a very large pile of the same thing, but in a different colour. I walked all around it and checked, and I tried every other pile thereabouts, and I quadruple checked I was in the right place, and I tried other sections, and I tried the self-help terminals which just said it was where it wasn't, and in the end I had to join the queue for the enquiry desk. Once I finally got there and explained that no, they only had ones of a different colour in that pile unless the ones of the required colour were hidden in the middle, the young lady checked and said there should be some in one of the normal aisles - 22:16, I think it was. And there were; plenty of them. If their storekeeping system had mentioned that in the first place, I would have been fine

Then, approaching the tills, I went and joined a queue. Nearby were some couple dithering over a wire basket display of seasonal gewgaws, and it turned out they were actually part of the queue rather than merely near it. This was pointed out to me, and I apologised and manoeuvred myself and my trolley behind where they should have been in the first place; but of course this now means I will spend the next thirty years dying of the Englishman's natural shame of having been suspected of queue-jumping

Other than all that, a successful trip

Comment

Goodnight all

Comment

Station bacon sarnie and a cup of tea

It's an old school greasy spoon, rather than a chain warming up pre-packed crap in a microwave too.

Comment

Hello Preston for the last time.

Comment

Last day on my bench. Back on the commute to Westminster from tomorrow...
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

It's remarkable how comments I made in passing 2 weeks ago are now coming back as fact from people who argued that I was wrong 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X