• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    I wasn't.

It all stays in the bag until I wear it.

When it got taken off it got hung up.

And all thrown back in the bag to go home.
    The funny thing is that anybody who knows me well would assume that's what I'd do

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Sun's out.

Vaguely Simpsonesque at times.

It seems to be brightening up slightly here now too - with a bit of luck it'll turn pleasant in time for my amble down to the pub for dinner

Comment

Got the thorny business of different settings in different environments working

And nginx is doing its job of serving static files correctly. All chugging along quite nicely now

It'll be time to head to the pub soon though

Comment

Next week I'm away to That London on Thursday for the AWS conference thingy. I was planning to do what I did when I last went two years ago: blow off the morning because it was just marketing presentations by Amazon people, and arrive for the meaty sessions in the afternoon.

But this year, the morning session is a long keynote by Werner Vogels, which could actually be worthwhile.

So now I'm having to plan for the idea of getting to London early; and the most sensible idea seems to be going there direct from Cambridgeshire on Wednesday night.

This confuses all my plans, such as they are

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Next week I'm away to That London on Thursday for the AWS conference thingy. I was planning to do what I did when I last went two years ago…
          Incidentally, as I was about ten or fifteen minutes from arriving at Excel for the event two years ago (I drove there), I heard the news on the radio that Bob Hoskins had died. I found it ironic that I remember him best as Harold Shand in The Long Good Friday, planning to make a killing out of the redevelopment of the Docklands; and there I was about to go to the redeveloped Docklands for the first time in my life.

Ho hum

Comment

Morning all Time for a muddy dog walk...
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                You were brought up correctly.
                The first week that I worked away from home, I left half of my stuff because I forgot to look in all of the drawers before I left...

I leave most of my stuff in my bag and hang as much as I can in the wardrobe.

Morning!
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Morning was raining again
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

<lurks for 290k>

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

<lurks for 290k>
                      Ah, just noticed... 2898th Century Fox.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X