• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Morning all.

Suity: Doing the right thing/being nice etc regardless of the result or personal gain is called integrity and is the only true measure of a man. So don't let some others lack of it reduce yours. Head up, back straight, onwards you go.
    WPLS
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Afternoon all
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Can grub club peeps e-mail me their arrival times for C'hagen again, I can't seem to find the e-mail.

Will have to contact HyperD to see if he's arriving the same time as us.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

In order news final invoice was paid but they managed to pay another invoice twice

Clientco were paying travel as well, idiot manager approved the travel invoice twice now I have to contact them to sort out refunding the dosh.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            Can grub club peeps e-mail me their arrival times for C'hagen again, I can't seem to find the e-mail.

Will have to contact HyperD to see if he's arriving the same time as us.
            Done.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Done.
              Ta!

Looks like we're all arriving roughly the same time
              Well except for Mr N, he's coming on a later flight, as he's working that day, so being a permie hasn't got as much flexibility. He was supposed to fly over earlier and head to his work in Denmark, but that's now happening on Monday.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

Looks like we're all scheduled to arrive roughly the same time
                FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  FTFY
                  Indeed! Which is why Friday nights dinner booking is at 9pm!

Enough time for some of us to get settled in and find a watering hole beforehand if we arrive on schedule!

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Suity I do nice things so I feel nice. That is the whole thing, if someone says thank you then its a bonus.

you should to a certain extent be the same. You do seem to be a bit too eager / full on and that can frighten some people or wear on them.

take care and do something for people you don't know such as help a charity.

In other news for years I have suspected that some of my colleagues are dreadfully incompetent, yet again I'm proved right, so glad I fit in!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      Suity I do nice things so I feel nice. That is the whole thing, if someone says thank you then its a bonus.

you should to a certain extent be the same. You do seem to be a bit too eager / full on and that can frighten some people or wear on them.

take care and do something for people you don't know such as help a charity.

In other news for years I have suspected that some of my colleagues are dreadfully incompetent, yet again I'm proved right, so glad I fit in!
                      Indeed. Contentment comes from within. If you need other people to validate you, you're onto a loser (and can come across as needy/bedwetterish/<insert insult of choice>)

Comment

Working...
                      X