• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork chops, chips, peas, and gravy for tea; and exceptionally nice it was

Might watch telly until well after bedtime, just because I can

Comment

This evening's moderately tedious television was provided by 50 (better than usual) and NCIS LA (more tedious than usual with some flashback to an ep of which I have zero recollection).

Got the Final gas bill for the Strangelove parents' house.

Got a notice of refund of council tax on the Strangelove parents' house.

Seems to be coming together slowly.

The building oiks seem to have done stuff today, including putting what was a practically new double bed in the skip.

Had I known, it would have gone to a charity emporium 6 weeks ago when I had the rest of the stuff taken away.

A quite ridiculous waste.

Ho fecking hum.

And I bet the dear nephew & his mrs still haven't arranged for the remaining furniture to go into storage.

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Coach was a proper PE teacher.
      Oh dear.

Obviously needs a good old Xoggy stabbity stab stab stabbing.

I fecking hate PE teachers.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 May 2018, 21:02.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Watched a further episode of Jordskott II, which continues to be very strange

Rather knackered now though; I suspect my body clock is still expecting me to get up at some ungodly hour in the morning, which very definitely is not going to happen

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Now up to date on The Bridge

Clear blue skies out there, lovely walk
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Day 2 of 3 in That London this week. A moderately pleasant meander to client co. offices. Cool but bright and sunny and the streets still mostly quite and peaceful.

First workshop session put back to 10:00am but already had travel booked so sitting in Pret with a coffee and a danish for a bit.

The worst bit about 5:00am starts is the actual getting up, once I'm caffeinated and moving I don't actually mind it that much.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out again

Comment

[QUOTE=DaveB;2554033]Morning all

Day 2 of 3 in That London this week. A moderately pleasant meander to client co. offices. Cool but bright and sunny and the streets still mostly quite and peaceful.

First workshop session put back to 10:00am but already had travel booked so sitting in Pret with a coffee and a danish for a bit.

The worst bit about 5:00am starts is the actual getting up, once I'm caffeinated and moving I don't actually mind it that much.[/QUOTE]

Indeed - there is something very relaxing about being up and about before anyone else....

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Morning all

The worst bit about 5:00am starts is the actual getting up, once I'm caffeinated and moving I don't actually mind it that much.
                  Indeed - there is something very relaxing about being up and about before anyone else....
                  I'd say there's also something very relaxing about having a good lie-in, then dossing around at home with no obligation or need to do anything whatsoever other than decide what to have for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    I'd say there's also something very relaxing about having a good lie-in, then dossing around at home with no obligation or need to do anything whatsoever other than decide what to have for lunch
                    Yeah that too.....

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Working...
                      X