• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had to go for lunchtime petrol, as I hadn’t filled the car after getting back from London on Sunday.

But I brought my lunch from home: roast pork butty on white bread, with crisps

I had expected roast beef, but when I got it out of the freezer it turned out to be pork, which I hadn’t even realised was in there. The beef must be further back

Comment

Haar! Jim laaaaad.

Following the rain, the Haar buggered off & the sun came out.

I might not get wet on the trudge home.

In amongst the other comestibles at lunch time, I found a Morrisons pork pie.

It was surprisingly nice.

But then again, due to the Strangelove technicolour yawn of Sunday night, I didn't have breakfast today, which may have increased my appreciation.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Sunny.

Awoke with the birdsong, and headed to the Quays for a morning dip.

Managed 4 laps (1 mile). No bacon sandwiches on offer today.

Home, showered and dressed before Mr ms had stirred from his slumber.

Lunchtime walk to top up the vit D.

Finished the bit of work I'm working on.

Which means tomorrow is documentation

Comment

Home!

Rather late due to two very bad crashes on the A14 near Godmanchester: the first, westbound, created a tailback for many miles; the second, eastbound, involving two lorries and a van, then slowed the dissipation of said tailback. And the resulting diversions and people following satnavs and so on meant that every surrounding road for miles was blocked too, so there was no escape. Still, we're better off than the people who were in the vehicles involved, which looked seriously wrecked as I passed them

Very cloudy here; I suspect we may get some rain, though the weather app doesn't mention it

Comment

Tea tonight was ribs (not to be confused with rack of ribs) and chips

It's a bit warm in here.

I need to sort out my stuff for London in the morning. Not much needed though, as I'm only there for one night.

Goodnight all

Comment

TFBSZ
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

On the train for day 2 of 3 down south.

A bright misty start so looking like it will be another hot day in That London.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start again

Clothes and things have been flung into a bag, so I'm just about ready for the arduous business of heading to London after ClientCo

Comment

Morning all slightly cool dog walk earlier, maybe not quite thin t-shirt weather at 7am.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

T-shirt weather?

Stone me, I could have done with a duffel coat.

One's lunch today also included a Morrisons pork pie.

It was succulent, just like yesterday's was.

Most toothsome.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 May 2018, 11:52.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X