• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found out where all the bricks came from next door.

The middle bedroom wall has been demolished.

It's ever so impressive that Samuel Chugg chose to build it on the floorboards.

It's a bit like the internal walls in the tuliphole that is Strangelove Towers.

Just waiting for 09:00 when I'll be able to talk to Miele Service.

After the inevitable half hour wait.

Well got through in 33 seconds.

Next available appointment for the technician to call: 21st May.

I'll have taken a chainsaw to the fecking thing by then.

<Strangelove in "Go Ahead, Make My Day" mode>
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 May 2018, 08:07.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

The Premier Inn breakfast is the same as ever

Got a couple of hours before Boring VIII starts. I could do something useful with that time; OR I could lie around doing nothing

Comment

Beautiful dog walk earlier through the bluebells, now to start gardening
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Arrived safely at Boring VIII after a perilous journey over the road and along the side of Conway Hall

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Arrived safely at Boring VIII after a perilous journey over the road and along the side of Conway Hall
            Wot?

Without being stabbed?

According to the moron Trump, that's a miracle in That London.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Children of Men (2006)[/I], set in a dystopian near-future in which the human race has become infertile, and an alcoholic journalist is dragooned by his ex-wife into helping smuggle the only pregnant woman in the world, who happens to be black, out of Britain to avoid the brutal clutches of the government.

To be honest, said government sounded very much like Theresa May's lot in their attitudes towards people they suspect of being a bit foreign in their parentage. So although it's supposed to be set ten years or so from now, aspects of it sounded more like the news over the past few weeks

It also occurred to me that some scenes of alleyways full of crap, indicative of dystopian social collapse, looked much as similar locations do in 1970s London TV plays such as “The Knowledge” and “Bar Mitzvah Boy”. So perhaps our expectations of the dingier corners of the capital have risen a little in the last few decades

Anyway, it's a bloody excellent film, and I recommend it highly

Oh, and it also features Michael Caine with long hair and a beard, living in a house in the woods and growing dope for a living

Goodnight all
            Duly purchased, along with another foot or so of other dvds, some of which I've probly got already.

Ain't that always the way.

Currently stood here in my undergarments since the unseasonably seasonal weather is so unbearably hot.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 May 2018, 10:44.

Comment

Lunchtime. Talks so far have covered weird Chinese architecture; crinoline ladies, with particular reference to their use as tea cosies and toilet roll covers; British Leyland’s chaotic branding strategy; the infamous gap in the Watergate tapes; and stains or damp patches on walls.

The woman who talked about Watergate gave the RI Christmas Lectures last year

Comment

Pulled into the “business permit holders only until 13:30” space by the door of the hotel at 13:30:19

Comment

Doctor Strangelove has now purchased a cheap & nasty washing machine to go alongside the expensive Miele piece of crap.

No doubt, they'll both go wrong together, just like cars do.

Comment

Afternoon break after excellent talks on call centres, doormats, insects caught on CCTV, and addresses.

Comment

And done, after the audience participation bit, being a game of snap in which, fortuitously and entirely appropriately, snap never occurred; a look through a book about a new town in Hampshire that was never actually built; and, to finish, writer and broadcaster Peter York talking about the seventeen storage units in which he has stuff stored

Comment

Working...
                      X