• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thing for scraping links off Twitter appeared to have stopped doing so around half eleven last night. I dug around checking various things, and in the end it seemed to be something to do with the interaction between Celery and RabbitMQ: both were reporting that they were running OK, but it seemed Celery wasn't actually getting stuff from the queue, even after I restarted its service.

So I restarted both services, and it all started working again.

And best of all: every task request posted since last night was still sitting in the queue and Celery immediately started working its way through all 3000+ of them, so everything was back up to date within a couple of minutes

One task failed, but that turned out to be a shortened-URL-resolution request that led to a LinkedIn page that you have to be logged in to LinkedIn to view, so who cares if it never gets resolved

Comment

Afternoon all murky day spent walking and gardening.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Make sure you look in the last place you had them last, as that's where they'll be
        Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        They'll be in the last place you look. Just figure out where that is and you're sorted
        Sadly enough this profound & helpful advice is of little use since the last time I saw them they were in a different house.

The question now is whether they're somewhere up here in the house or cunningly concealed in the garage under a pile of 286 pcs.

Lunch was a Pukka steak & kidney pie with Heinz baked beans, as is my wont on a Saturday.

Tea, on the other hand, was a tin of spicy tomato & rice with added rice.

I added some more chili sauce and a bit of pepper with the result that it nearly blew my head off.

The purchasers of the Strangelove Parents' house deigned to pop in this afternoon, having finally arranged the rental of the storage unit.

Thusly, one might expect that the remainder of the furniture will be romoved into storage next week assuming that the building oiks haven't reduced it to matchwood in the interim.

They' ve already destroyed my addis floor mop thing, the addis mop, and the addis mop bucket.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 April 2018, 17:13.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The weather seems to be clearing up, at least for a while. Almost Simpsonesque out there at the moment

Comment

The weather seems to be clearing up, at least for a while. Almost Simpsonesque out there at the moment
            Not here, it isn't

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Lunch was a Pukka steak & kidney pie with Heinz baked beans, as is my wont on a Saturday.
              They're good, them, had one last night.
              Much better than i remember some years ago

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                They're good, them, had one last night.
                Much better than i remember some years ago
                Made not far from me

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Made not far from me
                    In the Chinese

Comment

ust watched a fledgling peregrine in chicago take a lift from the high rise they're nesting in's A/C outlet fan before taking flight. - AND it came back and did it again :-)
                      made ME chuckle anyway ;-)

but will it become dependent on fan assist?

Comment

Working...
                      X