• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, better go and listen to some self righteous pontification

The local copper is usually there, and never comes out with bulltulip like that. It can be quite amusing watching him try to tactfully dismiss it without actually saying he couldn't care less and it's none of his business when people come out with it, though

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I bet if they wore smoking jackets and cravats he'd be trying to get invited round in hopes of a sophisticated soirée, rather than trying to provoke outrage on behalf of a bunch of children he doesn't even know
      maybe you could stumble on the way out, treading heavily on his instep and burying your elbow in his abdomen??
      Oh, and apologiseing profusely, in the english way

Comment

Back again. God, that was tedious

I'd hoped we'd get an update off the local bobby first, then I could wait a few minutes and make my excuses. But sadly it was not to be. Instead we had a woman going on for ages about some vague plans to revitalise a bit of land about ten minutes walk away that's been empty since the Kenning car hire place was knocked down.

After that, the local city warden got a turn. He would have been OK if he'd just been able to tell us what he came to say. But he ended up getting persistently sidetracked by people who forced him to explain in excruciating detail the legal processes and organisational infrastructure involved in getting rid of old mattresses that have been dumped in the street, only for them to repeat their moan about why something couldn't be done about them more quickly in slightly different words, having apparently not taken in any of it.

And finally the copper. At least everybody shuts up and listens respectfully when he talks, and he had some useful info about certain people and vehicles that they'd like to hear about if we see them around. Minor sidetrack on the question of who owns a house that's undergoing renovation and whose side gate was forced open by junkies looking for a place to hide, but he even managed to get them back to the important points about all that quite quickly

Right, time to get my dinner and then crash out

Comment

Ribs and chips for dinner

And I see that yesterday, I failed to report my roast chicken leg and chips, which was most remiss of me

Comment

TFBSZ
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Chilly, damp, and rather foggy tonight

And the weather is much the same

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Chilly, damp, and rather foggy tonight
                And much the same this morning, it seems

Comment

Coolish, Greyish and Drizzlyish this morning, in a Bradfordian kind of way.

Comment

Ham salad. Crusty rolls. Mineral water.

Got a snooze in the chesterfield lined up for this afternoon, if anyone's interested.

Comment

Beef wholemeal bap and crisps, yet again

A few moments today at ClientCo where I’ve had to remind myself to bite my tongue and remember I’ll be gone in a few weeks

Comment

Working...
                      X