• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all A bit murky out - can't even see the bottom of the garden from here.
    While I was away RM tried to deliver my new scope so I have to go into town later to pick it up. I wonder what it will be like in the fog...
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Grey in Bradford. Which is an improvement on yesterday's monsoon.

Comment

Oxtail Soup. Fresh brown rolls. Banana.

Comment

New scope mounted - it's bright! but on the downside, it has such a large front optic (50mm) that the rifle won't fit in its leather bag.

Time to hunt out a new gun case...
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Still grey and murky out, but this didn’t deter me from petrol station lunch

Comment

Home!

Not too bad a trip back, despite delays on the approach to the junction at this end, probably due to an accident further north by LFE services - there seem to be a lot of accidents thereabouts, despite the road widening to four lanes for a few miles up there

Comment

Oh God, there's a Neighbourhood Watch meeting tonight

At the last one, which I missed because I was in hospital, somebody was complaining about the people in one of the big houses that's split into flats smoking outside their own front door, in their own front porch; worse, they sometimes do this in their dressing gowns

They tried to dress it up as an antisocial behaviour issue because the house is adjacent to a nursery, and "the children might see them smoking". But they're just an interfering busybody, if you ask me

"For God's sake, won't somebody think of the children!" etc.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  At the last one, which I missed because I was in hospital, somebody was complaining about the people in one of the big houses that's split into flats smoking outside their own front door, in their own front porch; worse, they sometimes do this in their dressing gowns

They tried to dress it up as an antisocial behaviour issue because the house is adjacent to a nursery, and "the children might see them smoking". But they're just an interfering busybody, if you ask me

"For God's sake, won't somebody think of the children!" etc.
                  The dressing gowns are full-length, shapeless, thick garments by the way; nothing risqué about them. It so happens that the smokers in question are from Eastern Europe, or the Balkans, or the Baltic, or somewhere like that; I strongly suspect there's an element of "I'm not xenophobic, but…" behind the complaint

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    The dressing gowns are full-length, shapeless, thick garments by the way; nothing risqué about them. It so happens that the smokers in question are from Eastern Europe, or the Balkans, or the Baltic, or somewhere like that; I strongly suspect there's an element of "I'm not xenophobic, but…" behind the complaint
                    Smoking jackets?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Smoking jackets?
                      I bet if they wore smoking jackets and cravats he'd be trying to get invited round in hopes of a sophisticated soirée, rather than trying to provoke outrage on behalf of a bunch of children he doesn't even know

Comment

Working...
                      X