• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Client Co. Permie on hearing I'm going.

"Oh, one of our suppliers needs some help on GDPR, can I pass them your details?"

Up your rate to soothe away the inconvenience. And then tell the Mrs what to say and send her in.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Not me - I don't eat pizza, so I've never been in
      ah right, sorry.

Allergies or dislike of thick doughy crusts?

if the latter try looking for proper italian pizzerias and have it with the traditional super thin crust (think chapatti & thinner) those are quite lovely!

First tried one in Rivarolo.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Client Co. Permie on hearing I'm going.

"Oh, one of our suppliers needs some help on GDPR, can I pass them your details?"

At least you won't have to suffer there long! You might get a nice all inclusive holiday out of it!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          ah right, sorry.

Allergies or dislike of thick doughy crusts?

if the latter try looking for proper italian pizzerias and have it with the traditional super thin crust (think chapatti & thinner) those are quite lovely!

First tried one in Rivarolo.
          Deep and abiding loathing of cheese

I don't consume much in the way of dairy anyway, but cheese turns my stomach. Not an allergy or anything, but I've not been able to stand the stuff my whole life. Even the smell of it is deeply unpleasant to me.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Sardine toasties for lunch, because oily fish blah blah blah

Comment

Today's top tip: if you upload a value into AWS's Systems Manager Parameter Store using their web console, and that value contains newlines, those newlines will be turned into spaces.

If the value you have uploaded is a private key used to deploy an application from GitHub, that change means it will no longer be a valid key, and your attempts to deploy from the repository using it will fail miserably.

You will then waste half your day trying to get the damn thing working before finally discovering what's wrong

So to upload values with newlines, use the command line client instead

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Today's top tip: if you upload a value into AWS's Systems Manager Parameter Store using their web console, and that value contains newlines, those newlines will be turned into spaces.

If the value you have uploaded is a private key used to deploy an application from GitHub, that change means it will no longer be a valid key, and your attempts to deploy from the repository using it will fail miserably.

You will then waste half your day trying to get the damn thing working before finally discovering what's wrong

So to upload values with newlines, use the command line client instead

haddock and chips (and peas) for dinner .
                  is this still light relief?

Comment

Pork chops, chips, peas, and gravy for dinner; and very nice it was

Comment

I suppose I'll be getting an early night tonight even if, as usual, I fail at it, because of the clock-changing shenanigans at the weekend

I resent having to get up an hour earlier in the morning, though. Dunno why they can't leave well alone

Comment

Working...
                      X