• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    This afternoon's fun and games was GDPR. Thought I should at least get the basics. Looking forward to scaring clientCo next week.
    I suspect there may be a lot of companies rushing to sort things out in the near future

Comment

This afternoon's fun and games was GDPR. Thought I should at least get the basics. Looking forward to scaring clientCo next week.
      Once you've scared them send them my way, I'm reassuringly expensive
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Once you've scared them send them my way, I'm reassuringly expensive
        Looks like a very lucrative bandwagon to jump on.

Comment

Looks like a very lucrative bandwagon to jump on.
          It certainly has potential

Wrap it with Cyber Security and there is a lot of demand. Not so much in terms of understanding but around what processes are needed, writing and implementing them, how you protect data at the technical level, testing and auditing.

Compliance is far more evidence driven than it was under DPA.

Comment

It certainly has potential

Wrap it with Cyber Security and there is a lot of demand. Not so much in terms of understanding but around what processes are needed, writing and implementing them, how you protect data at the technical level, testing and auditing.

Compliance is far more evidence driven than it was under DPA.
            That was the impression I got from the course - it's far more about demonstrating that you're doing the right things.

Might do the practitioner next - I found it quite interesting <saddo />

Comment

That was the impression I got from the course - it's far more about demonstrating that you're doing the right things.

Might do the practitioner next - I found it quite interesting <saddo />
              Just be aware that here are no officially sanctioned qualifications or standards associated with GDPR. Anyone telling you their course is ISO standard or similar is selling snake oil.

Comment

gammon steak, chips and peas for dinner. steak was large,- very crowded plate.
                now i'm stuffed

Comment

Just be aware that here are no officially sanctioned qualifications or standards associated with GDPR. Anyone telling you their course is ISO standard or similar is selling snake oil.
                  Yes, I know there's no official qualification, but course was useful and informative although the exam questions were clearly not written by an English native speaker!

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    gammon steak, chips and peas for dinner. steak was large,- very crowded plate.
                    now i'm stuffed
                    "Dad's pasta" - standard Friday night fare - pasta, jar of sauce, lots of cheese.

Comment

does GDPS count? - i'm a dab hand at that

Comment

Working...
                      X