• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the cold tap water in the downstairs loo has frozen somewhere...

hoping it will not burst the pipes.

Comment

Petrol station lunch again, as I forgot to make my cob due to spending the early morning rooting around in the cellar looking at water pipes

Still snowing a bit out there, but it doesn’t seem to be making things any worse - the car windscreen was almost free of the stuff, and the windscreen washers had started working again despite the outside temperature being below freezing

Comment

Cat fed? Check.
        Wife fed? Check
        Birds fed? Check
        Rat inadvertently fed (via the bird feeders)? Check, probably.

Can I have some lunch now?
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

-3.5C here, the temp is starting to drop again. At least I've got the fire going in the office (and one in the lounge too)
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Snowing heavier here, swirling around the garden.. very picturesque
            Do what thou wilt

Comment

-4C here, but it's sausages and dumplings for tea.

qh
              He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Currently using Netweather to watch the snow move in...
                https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

(stick in your post code and switch animation on)
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I was thinking of picking up a set of the A-Z 10p's the Royal Mint is flogging for a mint. Had a look at the designs and they're all a bit naff really. Don't think I'll bother.

Comment

Home, and weekend!

Terrible journey back. Northants had obviously believed the forecast of no snow for their region and not bothered sending the gritters out today. They were mistaken in their belief, with the result that the A14 was an absolute death trap, not to be attempted at more than 30mph, and that only on the good bits

So it took two hours to do the 70 miles home

Still, home I am, and no more A14 until next week

There's still no water though. Two of the flats have it, three don't. They all have a separate branch coming into the cellar off the main outside. Neither the cellar nor any of the flats are cold enough for the pipes to have frozen, and also the pipes are very well lagged indeed on their courses through the house. So who knows what's happening?

The landlord/manager/maintenance guy is also baffled, so for now all we can do is wait for things to thaw, and hope that the front garden doesn't develop a water feature when they do

Comment

Just popped over to Sainsbury's Local to buy some large bottles of water. It's absolutely horrible out there - a bitter wind whistling down the perfectly straight course of the Fosse Way, blowing little crystals of snow off the pavement and into one's face

Looks pretty from in here, though

Comment

Working...
                      X