• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Any lurkers?

Comment

Afternoon all

Slow news day here today. Luckily various people have fecked orff to meetings elsewhere so I can CUK in peace for a couple more hours.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
        Afternoon all

Slow news day here today. Luckily various people have fecked orff to meetings elsewhere so I can CUK in peace for a couple more hours.
        Lucky you. My 10-12 meeting was preceded by an 8.30-10.
        The 10-12 then ran on until 1.30, had a half hour break and restarted at 2.00. Scheduled to finish at 3.00. Looks like it will finish after 5.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Is that the freehold of the 9 leasehold flats or a freehold house that lets out 9 flats?
          Freehold house, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
            Afternoon all

Splendid!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I reckon it's a bit chilly, though
              Been out to the bins. Can confirm severe chilliness, do not recommend. Afternoon walk cancelled

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Measured it last night and I haven't cleared a big enough space.
                The chickens, on the other hand, are enjoying their new shelter where they go in the day if it starts to rain.

Yesterday the eco paver base arrived, that's easy to carry as it's just plastic. I also decided to go to Wickes to get some breeze blocks and bricks to hold back the soil which will be behind the shed. They are still in my car.
                The weed membrane is arriving in about an hour. Again, it's easy to carry.

1 tonne of 20mm shingle has just been delivered. That is the problem bit. They can't deliver it to the back garden, so it gets put on a path near the front of the house. I then need to move it round the back in a wheelbarrow, the quickest route is past one neighbour's house and then through the back garden of another neighbour. There's 40 wheelbarrow loads in a tonne. The path is basically blocked until I move it all, which will have to wait until tonight.

Tomorrow the shed arrives.

Guess what I'm doing this weekend?
                The shed has arrived.
                About half the shingle got moved yesterday when it wasn't snowing.
                The rest needs to be moved tonight, along with the shed.

I think I can get most of the shed through the house, but the side walls will probably need to go the long route.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Another slow day - I really need to pick the pace up or I'll start slipping and the client will notice. Totally failed to get into it since the holidays

Not helping that I'm doing some database stuff at the moment - I hate database stuff!

Still, tomorrow's another day and all that
                  Do what thou wilt

Comment

The shed has arrived
                    Make sure you put chicken wire under it to stop rats gnawing * great holes in the floor. I realised my mistake in not doing so about 10 years too late.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Chipmaking is under way - potato, not silicon. And the oven is warming up ready for the cooking of spare ribs, as there are ribs in the fridge that Need To Be Eaten™

Comment

Working...
                      X