• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In other news, I got an inneresting call from some consultancy today. I will meet them on Monday. Probably total nonsense. However I will listen.

Comment

Tomorrow, following the in-house super cheap massage, I meet a m8 for lunch.. He has just resigned his permie job and wants to go back contracting. Wants my advice.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Tomorrow, following the in-house super cheap massage, I meet a m8 for lunch.. He has just resigned his permie job and wants to go back contracting. Wants my advice.
        There again I first met him 10 years ago. He came in for interview. Interviewer late. I was asked to look after him. He asked me what the team was like.

Back in 1985 an interviewee asked what it was like at RAE Farnborough. I lied and said it was good. He joined and ended up in RAE staff quarters in room next to me. He was well angry when he found out.

So with my m8 10 years ago I told him the truth. TulipField team. He joined anyway. 6 months later said he wished he has listened to me!

Comment

Time to watch the second part of silent witness on iplayer

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            oh, dear, poor chap

Comment

Chicken and barley soup out of the freezer for dinner, with both brown and white toast because I live for pleasure alone

And while that was being reheated and eaten, I upgraded my MBA to High Sierra. No idea if this will prove to have been a good thing or not

Comment

Tonight's TV, apart from some traffic cop stuff whilst eating my fine soup, started with the first episode of UFO in HD

And then I watched one of those films that I vaguely assumed I must have seen some time before, but which it turned out I hadn't: Born on the Fourth of July (1989), being the true-ish story of a US Marine who was left disabled by enemy action in the Vietnam war. It's good, if rather serious and high-minded for the most part (though that's somewhat inevitable given the subject matter).

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all!

A bit of damp in the air in Leicester this morning, but it's not raining. That was a pleasant walk from the station up the hill - driving you don't notice how nice this part of town is (when the Esteemed Customers are either in bed or on holiday).

Comment

Morning

Cold n Misty in Manchester.

Happy Invoicing.

Comment

Morning all

Can't see the bottom of the garden.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X