• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Well, nearly morning - I seem to be sleeping longer at the moment, and I like to take my time in the shower

It was chucking down with rain when I awoke briefly at eight, but now it's a bit better - cloudy, but with some patches of blue showing through a grey haze

I may go for a haircut this afternoon, though I offer no guarantees.
    Last edited by NickFitz; 4 January 2018, 12:21.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

That should be in general. Or at least Monday Links....
      Yes, I might throw it in as a bonus link - it's not really a timewaster, but it is useful

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
        omm....
        Nice pali!

Comment

ommm...

Comment

omm....

Comment

rollmop herrings on thick buttered toast with sweet chilli sauce for lunch.

and very nice too

Comment

Sausage bap (wholemeal) for lunch

Looks like I'm not going to make it for that haircut, due to not bothering to go. Ah well, it's not as if there's anything to look respectable for anyway

Comment

Sainsbury's finally got back to me (looks like they weren't monitoring their Twitter DMs over New Year, and took a few days to work through them when they got back) and told me to keep the extra beer at no charge

Comment

Had a discussion with a user over the last 3 days, he wants a change to a certain object. It's a fairly major change, so I wanted to make sure I had got all his requirements correct. I took what we had discussed and turned it into a high level design doc and discussed it with the development manager. He understands what is required, but he also knows the user, so asked me to get confirmation from the user that the document covered his requirements.
                    The user has replied to me: "can you show me the new version, then I'll let you know if it meets my requirements"

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Had a discussion with a user over the last 3 days, he wants a change to a certain object. It's a fairly major change, so I wanted to make sure I had got all his requirements correct. I took what we had discussed and turned it into a high level design doc and discussed it with the development manager. He understands what is required, but he also knows the user, so asked me to get confirmation from the user that the document covered his requirements.
                      The user has replied to me: "can you show me the new version, then I'll let you know if it meets my requirements"

Seen it a few times where in UAT the user changes their minds totally.

I try to keep calm and carry on invoicing.

But I usually end up

Comment

Working...
                      X