• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just been round to the newsagent to drop a parcel off for Hermes.

Found out what all the fire engines were doing parked outside there on Saturday eve - apparently their smart meter had a fault and caught fire (not uncommon evidently - glad I refused one now).

Fortunately someone was there so not as bad as it could have been, nobody hurt etc - electrics out though and they are running on an extension from the flat above today.
    Do what thou wilt

Comment

Morning and Happy New Year.

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
      Just been round to the newsagent to drop a parcel off for Hermes.

Found out what all the fire engines were doing parked outside there on Saturday eve - apparently their smart meter had a fault and caught fire (not uncommon evidently - glad I refused one now).

Fortunately someone was there so not as bad as it could have been, nobody hurt etc - electrics out though and they are running on an extension from the flat above today.
      Well known problem - quite a few of the smart meter people don't know how to put them in so people have had anything from electricity/gas not working to weird readings to fires.

Oh and if you change supplier they may have to put in an old meter.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Links are up

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Has NF prepared Monday links already? Or will they be prepared with a hangover.....
        Freshly prepared today, though without much of a hangover

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I don't eat cheese, ergo, I don't eat pizza

I know it's theoretically possible to make pizza without cheese, because they very kindly did it for me at BarCamp London 2 in 2007; but it comes out like crunchy cardboard, and isn't really worth eating
          My ex-gf was vegan and we used to end up with having to have pizza with no cheese on it because places that have vegan cheese are quite rare when we'd go out.

Though if anyone needs one, I can point out a very good vegan place for breakfast in Dublin and another in Cork (real food also served)
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            My ex-gf was vegan and we used to end up with having to have pizza with no cheese on it because places that have vegan cheese are quite rare when we'd go out.

Though if anyone needs one, I can point out a very good vegan place for breakfast in Dublin and another in Cork (real food also served)
            I need the opposite: places that don't serve any vegetables (except chips, which don't count as one of your "5 a day" and therefore aren't vegetables anyway)

Comment

I need the opposite: places that don't serve any vegetables (except chips, which don't count as one of your "5 a day" and therefore aren't vegetables anyway)
              Me too.

FTAOD - reader, I converted her from veganism
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Watching Broadchurch. Mrs BP is loving it. Series 2 at the moment.

Comment

Sausage cob for tea. The sausages were OK, but I prefer the ones I usually get from M&S. I'll have to wander into town some time and get some.

Comment

Live in switzerland, eat veal and rosti

Comment

Sausage cob for tea. The sausages were OK, but I prefer the ones I usually get from M&S. I'll have to wander into town some time and get some.
                      So recovery going well then? When is your next appointment? How long before you can consider getting another gig?

Comment

Working...
                      X