• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    As I'm now reduced to getting home delivery from Sainsbury's and my doorbell is unreliable crap, I bought a wireless one off Amazon. I just wasted ages trying to get the bit that goes by the front door working. Turns out that both the diagram in the instruction leaflet and the moulded diagram on the battery compartment show the wrong way to insert the batteries

With the batteries in the right way, it works just fine

I tested this by leaving my iPad recording video up here while I went downstairs and stuck the bell push on the wall by the other bells, then ringing it a couple of times, then coming back upstairs and playing back the video

Now I'm just waiting for it to fall off the wall downstairs as soon as the Sainsbury's delivery entity uses it
    So that will be plenty of whole grain foods and salads then?

Comment

While car was in the garage the mechanic noticed something else wrong. It will have to go back in at the end of next week.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        There's always the nitpick that the 20th century didn't start until January 1st 1901

Comment

Amusing myself by reading Trustpilot reviews of Sainsbury's while I wait for my delivery. I think my favourite so far is the one that begins "We only go to Sainsburys once a month now to buy Singapore noodles, kaffir lime and duck eggs. That's it. Everything else we find either way over-priced or very bland or both."

Comment

I was an early adopter of Tesco home delivery, in the days where you used to install (from a CD) software which included the product set. Once installed, updates happened over your 9600 baud modem. You would assemble your order on your local machine, then squirt it back to Tesco.

I rarely do an online grocery shop now; not organised enough, and Tesco express is 5 mins walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              I was an early adopter of Tesco home delivery, in the days where you used to install (from a CD) software which included the product set. Once installed, updates happened over your 9600 baud modem. You would assemble your order on your local machine, then squirt it back to Tesco.

I rarely do an online grocery shop now; not organised enough, and Tesco express is 5 mins walk away.
              ... wonders if the CD is still kicking round in a drawer somewhere...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                ... wonders if the CD is still kicking round in a drawer somewhere...
                Zeity would probably have offered you 50p for it, but basel brush pissed him off :-(

Comment

The delivery has landed

I should have been slightly more circumspect about carrying the bags upstairs, though - four trips rather than two might have had various points in my thorax complaining a little less

Weirdly, they've sent more beer than I actually ordered; it's all bottled ales that were part of the order, but additional bottles thereof. I suppose I'll have to try and sort that out now, though I'm not going to ask them to take them back

Comment

The delivery has landed

I should have been slightly more circumspect about carrying the bags upstairs, though - four trips rather than two might have had various points in my thorax complaining a little less

Weirdly, they've sent more beer than I actually ordered; it's all bottled ales that were part of the order, but additional bottles thereof. I suppose I'll have to try and sort that out now, though I'm not going to ask them to take them back
                    oh, dear, - what a terrible thing!
                    still, - have to make the best of it, eh?

Comment

There's always the nitpick that the 20th century didn't start until January 1st 1901
                      Can I pick nits off your nits?

Your OP said adults plural. Only one adult born during 1900.

Gosh I am really being annoying now. Was I married to me once? Or maybe I should get a divorce from myself?

Comment

Working...
                      X