• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    How big was the slice.
    I’m currently looking at the whisky selection in this hotel and the first question I have is which one of those is whiskys you could serve in the uk?

The second one is why on earth do they serve newkie brown on tap
    it doesn't travel well, avoid (well you probably are anyway)
    Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
      it doesn't travel well, avoid (well you probably are anyway)
      Avoid? I’ve never drunk it although mrs eek likes it (she also likes Caledonian best which is something else I cannot stand.

I suspect the Shackleton whisky bottle I’m about to have opened is equally hideous but at least I will have expensed the cost rather than paid for it
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        Double hopped as part of the brewing process. You might see it labelled as DIPA. Keep an eye peeled, in your neck of the woods I imagine Meantime do a version - it's closer to the original idea of shipping out high gravity ale to India which would stay fresh to survive the journey. The original intention being that it should be watered down on arrival. Brits being Brits, we discovered it tasted just fine as it was.

As you're an OP girl, i'd also suggest looking out for Imperial Russian Stout, which takes a similar principal, coupled with a fair amount of showing off, and outputs some wonderful stuff.
        On a similar point if you ever see the Hastings brewery porter make a point of ordering it - it’s blooming marvelous and worth it even at the premium on typical London prices. I remember happily paying £7 a pint 2 years ago
        Last edited by eek; 21 November 2017, 21:59.

Comment

Avoid? I’ve never drunk it although mrs eek likes it (she also likes Caledonian best which is something else I cannot stand.

I suspect the Shackleton whisky bottle I’m about to have opened is equally hideous but at least I will have expensed the cost rather than paid for it
          its ok within a 35 miles radius from the brewery...still miss a pint of trophy and/or camerons strongarm tho
          Join IPSE

Comment

And I know my comment above but it’s here and mrs eek discussed it when I found it. She does however have an obsession regarding failed Antarctic explorers

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
              its ok within a 35 miles radius from the brewery...still miss a pint of trophy and/or camerons strongarm tho
              35 miles of the brewery is no where near newcastle anymore.

I thought it was brewed in burton but it appears to be keeping the John Smith’s Brewery in Tadcaster open. I’m off to measure if Leeds is 35 miles from Tadcaster I suspect it’s close. Newcastle is probably 100 miles or so away.

Comment

That reminds me - I've got a Bombay Sapphire gin tour voucher waiting to be redeemed.

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

Comment

In final news with ice it isn’t bad I will probably grab a bottle on Sunday from Morrison’s. Unlike Johnnie walker blue label it does require watering down a bit

Comment

Wednesday tomorrow. Halfway point…

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X