• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cauli cheese and mackerel coming up here shortly...
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Caught in a traffic queue
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Have just watched “Darkman”, possibly the worst film I’ve ever seen. Now TFBSZ

Comment

Well that was a very enjoyable evening

Dinner was, in my case, the mixed grill: chicken shish, lamb shish, lamb adana, chicken wings, and lamb ribs, with chips (as I'm a peasant and spurned the default rice option in favour of fried potato)

There was also some salad present but thankfully that had been given its own corner of the plate, where it remained, untouched

Very reasonable at, with drinks, around £70 for four. I might go there again.

And after that we migrated down the road (or "gate", it being in one of the formerly Viking areas of the city) to the local microbrewery pub

Comment

I decided some undemanding science fiction was in order, so I watched I, Robot, a film I hadn't seen before, but which I seem to remember some people being rather scathing about when it came out. I thought it was good; the rather vague stuff discussing the three laws tended towards the nonsensical with overtones of pseudo-philosophy, but hey, it's a film about a robot uprising, not Descartes' Philosophical Meditations

I suspect those who complained take the fictional works of the late Dr. Asimov a little too seriously, and probably also argue about whether the hand-affixed communicators of Babylon 5 or the chest-affixed badges of Star Trek: The Next Generation most accurately depict the distant future of personal communications technology

Fun fact: Michael Straczynski discussed Babylon 5 extensively with fans on Usenet newsgroups from development and production through to broadcast, and was told by apparently intelligent human beings that the hand-affixed communicators were clearly wrong, as we already know from ST:TNG - yes, know was the word they used - that chest-affixed badges would be used for communications in the 24th century

And after, another episode of The Americans. Soon, I'll be getting to episodes I haven't seen before…

Goodnight all

Comment

Comment

Morning all.

Bacon time. Then back to the demolition derby that was the pissy old ladies' house

Comment

Morning all Pleasant dog walk earlier, now tidying up old computers for sale.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out there, if a bit chilly

Comment

Exercise done - did some today rather than yesterday due to my DOMs. Still fecking ache. Had another instructor I've not had before. Not all the instructors are full-time PTs so only teach 1-2 classes per week on top of their normal jobs. Oddly a lot of them with normal jobs are PMs and management consultants.

It was 1c when I went out this morning now it is apparently 7c which is today's high. Tomorrow it will be a balmy 12c with an overnight low warmer than today's high.

Comment

Working...
                      X