• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Was just wishing I had some more of this, unfortunately I have run out

Not had that one before. Maybe it will be in the Ginvent Calendar this year...
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Not had that one before. Maybe it will be in the Ginvent Calendar this year...
      We had a Gin evening a few months ago.
      We had 3 very highly regarded Gins to rely on and had the right personnel to make some decent headway.

I have to say it was decided to be the favourite of the lot, yet not the most expensive (its still reassuringly expensive).

Obviously it was my choice, as I have been drinking it all summer
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        We had a Gin evening a few months ago.
        We had 3 very highly regarded Gins to rely on and had the right personnel to make some decent headway.

I have to say it was decided to be the favourite of the lot, yet not the most expensive (its still reassuringly expensive).

Obviously it was my choice, as I have been drinking it all summer
        We have a few gins on the go, recent favourites include:
        Salcombe and Wight Mermaid, along with Silent Pool and the other usual suspects (Copperhead, Filliers, Spring, etc)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          That reminds me, Sainsbury's are doing their redeem-Nectar-points-for-double-value vouchers again, but it ends on Monday. I suspect I'll redeem my £20-worth for £40-worth of Taste The Difference wine vouchers, as usual
          If you like Gin, Sainsbury's do sometimes have that one on offer.

Proper Gins in my house, decent slosh, lots of ice and lemon, preferably fever tree tonic and a bit of "bitters" if I fancy going a bit pink

Preferably served up in a decent glass, our 1920s diamond cut highballs been a particular favourite.

Cheers!
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            We have a few gins on the go, recent favourites include:
            Salcombe and Wight Mermaid, along with Silent Pool and the other usual suspects (Copperhead, Filliers, Spring, etc)
            I bet, I appreciate a fellow connoisseur, although I'm still learning about my Gins.
            I have been to the Sipsmith distillery though that was fun.
            Haven't had the first two, although I remember seeing the first.

I'm very fussy what I consume, doesn't matter whether that is food, drink, drugs or another person
            If it isn't "right" I'm not interested.
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Marsden's Old Empire IPA really is incredible value at 3 for a fiver

Though not quite as good value as Sainsbury's own IPA which is also brewed by Marsdens and is £1.50 a bottle.

Comment

But I was only passing the co-op, not Sainsburys so i've gone with the former rather than the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  But I was only passing the co-op, not Sainsburys so i've gone with the former rather than the latter.
                  Its just good to be able to buy great quality alcohol at a mixture of accessible establishments .

Just glad I haven't got too "above my station" to sit back and enjoy the fresh air, on the bench, with "friends", in the park, with a bottle of:-

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Tonight's tea starred a couple of pork chops, with my patent flatter, broader chips for use with gravy, and peas. Well nice, it was

And now I shall grab a beer and watch a film of some description

Comment

TFBSZ

Comment

Working...
                      X