• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Pulling away after fuelling the car, I stopped to let an elderly lady with long grey hair pull out from one of the other pumps. She was driving an MX-5, with the top down. Good for her, I say
    MS is a long way away from her usual haunts...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

So ordering 2 laptops from Dell has resulted in the usual anti-fraud checks kicking in.

1 card was rejected out of hand but they rang me first thing this morning.

First direct rejected the second order but didn't ring me until now and provided a reason for rejecting the second order that doesn't hold up as they should have rejected the first order for that reason. The man on the phone doesn't like the fact I'm now insisting on a written explanation including his abortive first attempt....

I would cancel the card now but I do need to wait for the laptop to be billed and received first...
      Last edited by eek; 17 November 2017, 12:38.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Pulling away after fuelling the car, I stopped to let an elderly lady with long grey hair pull out from one of the other pumps. She was driving an MX-5, with the top down. Good for her, I say
        Originally posted by eek View Post
        MS is a long way away from her usual haunts...
        I thought MS had short hair?
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          I thought MS had short hair?
          She has an MX-5. Everything else beyond that is just hearsay....

Comment

Couple of sausages in soft white finger rolls for lunch

And the laundry will have finished by now, so I suppose I'd better go and dangle it all from the clothes horse.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              So ordering 2 laptops from Dell has resulted in the usual anti-fraud checks kicking in.

1 card was rejected out of hand but they rang me first thing this morning.

First direct rejected the second order but didn't ring me until now and provided a reason for rejecting the second order that doesn't hold up as they should have rejected the first order for that reason. The man on the phone doesn't like the fact I'm now insisting on a written explanation including his abortive first attempt....

I would cancel the card now but I do need to wait for the laptop to be billed and received first...
              I am no longer a customer of Nationwide due to their feck up when I tried to order a laptop.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Exercise done - interesting a lady who came to the class before and then walked out after 10 minutes lasted the entire class because she finally twigged to use reasonable weights rather than very heavy ones.

Shopping done - I hate people

Looked at black Friday deals which are all a load of sh*t.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Looked at black Friday deals which are all a load of sh*t.
                  I had a look earlier; gave up after ten minutes or so

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    I am no longer a customer of Nationwide due to their feck up when I tried to order a laptop.
                    Bummers.

Try Coutts. I'll have a word with them if you like?

Comment

<--

Like, sooooo <--

Comment

Working...
                      X