• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The car is fuelled, and I think I got the few things I needed - just a basketful today, no need for a trolley

Tonight's that Brass Eye thing in town. I'm thinking I might drive, as it's a bit chilly for walking a couple of miles unless I go so briskly that I end up giving off steam in the cinema

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      The car is fuelled, and I think I got the few things I needed - just a basketful today, no need for a trolley

Tonight's that Brass Eye thing in town. I'm thinking I might drive, as it's a bit chilly for walking a couple of miles unless I go so briskly that I end up giving off steam in the cinema
      I don't think it's that kind of film
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Quick snack of a couple of roast chicken thighs, as I'm putting off my proper tea until I'm back from the film

I've never been to the Phoenix this millennium. Well, it was only built this millennium in its current form, but I used to go to it when it was over this side of town, in premises that I think are now part of the poly.

It used to be a theatre as well as a cinema. Around 1980 it had a writer in residence called Sue Townsend, and one of the things she started while she held that post was a story about a boy named Nigel Mole, aged 12¾, keeping a diary. She ended up renaming him Adrian, to avoid confusion with Nigel Molesworth, and adding a year to his age, and expanding the stories into a book, and was rather successful with it

Comment

Better be getting on my way, I suppose

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Why is that?
              Its the time of year. All I want to do is die.

And when I die I will not go alone.

Anyway, it will pass. 5 weeks 3 days to Dec 21st?

I just switched my SAD light on.....

Comment

There now. More on this as we get it

Comment

Well, that was a cracking evening

It started with Michael Cumming coming on, after a very weird video mashup of highly distorted snippets from the program with the music that lasted a minute or two, to give a brief introduction, explaining that all this "new" stuff came from videotapes he'd made at the time from the original master recordings, for looking at stuff at home and what have you, and which have been sitting in a trunk ever since. Then on with the film, which is an hour long.

It's cut in a very fast-paced manner, rather like the original series but more fragmentary due to its nature, with all sorts in there. Lots of behind-the-scenes snippets and corpsing, of course, but also whole sketches that were cut at the behest of Channel 4 like "Sutcliffe: The Musical starring Peter Sutcliffe as himself" for which they rented one of the light boards on Piccadilly Circus to advertise it for an hour or so one evening so they could film it, and apparently nobody noticed

There's also the well-known animal lover Reggie Kray phoning from prison to read out a message, in which they get him to do repeated takes until he says the name of the organisation they supposedly represent (AAAAAAAZ) in a suitable ludicrous manner. This was never included in the original series as, a while later, a business associate of Mr Kray tracked down their office and made it very clear that they'd been rumbled and he no longer wished to be associated with the project

And after the film, there was a Q&A session which was pretty interesting.

So if you like Brass Eye and you get the chance to go see it, you should

Comment

Oh, and it was so popular that although it was originally supposed to be in screen 2, Murder on the Orient Express got turfed out and sent there and Oxide Ghosts took its place in screen 1

Comment

Back to ClientCo in the morning. I wonder if I'll manage to remember what I was doing during the journey there, or if I'll have to spend most of the day trying to work out what I was up to, as usual

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X