• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunrise in Manchester.

What a beautiful sight.

Happy Mondays.

Comment

I've been kicked out of my booked desk due to a change in the booking protocol on Friday afternoon. This is a bit off really since the desks become bookable one week in advance (so for the w/c 20th this morning). There's about an hours window to grab desks for the full week before you're scrabbling around for bits and pieces. So I now find myself on a hotdesk in a corridor.

Although, with my positive hat on, I have a feeling this will result in some additional WFH fishfinger activity this week

Comment

Surely booking a hot desk is an insane method of creating paperwork.

It’s a hot desk first one there in the morning gets it although don’t take the window seat if management is in from Japan (different end client).

On plane 2 - which is the 60th KLM flight this year
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Surely booking a hot desk is an insane method of creating paperwork.
          It's a pain in the hole alright. It also means I have to piss around setting up the desk to suit my preferences every time I move.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start again

A lot chillier, though - there's still a good layer of frost on the old stable roof

Comment

Morning all Chilly dog walk earlier, lovely crisp morning.

Wellies still wet inside after being left out on Friday. I wonder what temp they can take, if I set them on a towel on top of the Rayburn would that be OK?

In other news, has anyone seen Brillo today yet? Yesterday I saw a photo of someone lying in the outside lane of the M6.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                It's a pain in the hole alright. It also means I have to piss around setting up the desk to suit my preferences every time I move.
                The point of hot desks is you sit wherever you want.

Where we are there are some 'generic' hot desks which anyone can use but also each team has a team area with 'hot desks' in but just for that team

It works well as if there are no desks then just go to the coffee shop or go wfh!

But putting in rules around it really mean people do not want to hot desk.

Comment

Morning Campers and a very chilly one too .
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    Morning Campers and a very chilly one too .
                    Are you back in these parts of the world?
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

morning all

Comment

Working...
                      X