• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    I like doing nothing sometimes, but when it's all the bloody time, it makes life impossible.

Ooh! Breaking news - contracts are exchanged on my new residence. I wonder whether, in the 3 months since I last went there, the overpowering smell of old ladies' piss has left.
    Nah...
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Nah...

You an expert on the matter or summat then?

Comment

Home!

Not too bad a run back, all in all

The weather's pretty darn murky at this end though, and it's not very warm either

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post

You an expert on the matter or summat then?
          Nah

Just know a lot of people who brought properties of "old dears" cos they were cheaper.

All had to rip the carpets out.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Currently trying to deal with a load of clothes, many of which need to be taken down the clothes bank for recycling or reuse. But whether they're going or staying, they're all rather musty from having been in storage for ages, so I'm having to wash them all before deciding their fate. And then they take ages to dry, but they have to be left to dry thoroughly because putting them away (pending sorting) still even slightly damp just sends them back to being musty again

Anyway, another batch is on. These should be properly dry by Friday morning, and will probably mean I have enough that are going to make a trip to the tip worthwhile

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Comment

There's a couple of chaps who wander past beating a drum and (I think) finger cymbals, chanting or singing or some such, a couple of times a week. They started about three weeks ago. I think, from the timing, that they go as far as the railway bridge before crossing over and heading back on the other side of the road. They aren't wearing robes or anything; look more like ageing hippies.

Anyway, they've just gone past for the second time tonight on their way back to wherever they come from, so that's that over for a few more days

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    There's a couple of chaps who wander past beating a drum and (I think) finger cymbals, chanting or singing or some such, a couple of times a week. They started about three weeks ago. I think, from the timing, that they go as far as the railway bridge before crossing over and heading back on the other side of the road. They aren't wearing robes or anything; look more like ageing hippies.

Anyway, they've just gone past for the second time tonight on their way back to wherever they come from, so that's that over for a few more days
                    wot? hari krishna's? you live in a sixty's timewarp??

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      wot? hari krishna's? you live in a sixty's timewarp??
                      Well, they're not Hare Krishnas as they don't have the shaved heads or robes (though of course they don't always wear robes). Pretty long, straggly hair and beard on at least one of them.

There is a Hindu temple up the road, but I don't think they're anything to do with that. Could still be something to do with Diwali, though. It's a bit odd, really

Comment

Working...
                      X