• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carpet has been fitted in hall/stairs/landing
    other jobs done
    photos scanned for some bday party
    Oven door removed and put in the dishwasher for cleaning

Other stuff done

Off into big city looking for some new party gear for mrs 5* and young un

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      carpet has been fitted in hall/stairs/landing
      other jobs done
      photos scanned for some bday party

Oven door removed and put in the dishwasher for cleaning
      Huh?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

afternoon
        having a total Can't Be Ar**d day today.
        time to sort lunch i suppose, getting peckish

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Huh?
          probably an oven with a removable inner glass liner on the door.
          i've got one, - very handy

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            Ahh ok
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Tonight's journey into the art of the kinematograph was Shooter (2007) - IMDb. This started out with mayhem, progressed onto more mayhem, then continued with a number of further episodes of mayhem, before reaching a climactic scene of utter mayhem

It was OK, I thought

Goodnight all
              "Welcome to Tennessee, patron state of shootin' stuff".

Tonight's film was Red Dawn (the original 1984 version, not the 2012 remake) in which Russian and Cuban forces occupy much of America, and some young people take to the mountains and form a guerrilla resistance group.
              I bought the 2012 remake this very morn, for a generous 50p.

I see from the blurb on the back that the Ruskies and Cubans have been updated to NK denizens.

Morning denizens

Bit cloudy out, but not in a rainy way
              Lucky you.

<ZG in "I'm a fecking rain god" mode>

Saturday's ZeitLunch consisted of two Morrisons scotch eggs (reduced) with Heinz baked beans.

It was discovered eventually that the scotch eggs were, in fact, dragon's eggs, which include a fair dollup of chili powder in their manufacture.

This was a tad unexpected, but none the worse for that.
              Last edited by zeitghost; 7 October 2017, 13:02.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                Me too. One day I might get around to cleaning it

Comment

Only three rashers of bacon left in the freezer, which is odd as I keep buying the stuff regularly. No idea where it goes

Anyway, the plan was to have those for lunch in a wholemeal roll, because healthy. But after they'd thawed, I discovered that my plan to buy some wholemeal rolls when I did the shopping the other day had remained in the planning phase. I could have sworn I'd got them, but no sign of them in the freezer, and as it happened the receipt was still lying around and they weren't on there either.

So I had a couple of soft white finger rolls instead, and very nice they were, even if they aren't healthy

Comment

The ZeitTea was kedgeree again.

This time the fish was the arctic pollock previously mentioned.

This time I separated two fillets using the usual hammer & screwdriver method described before.

After soaking in some boiling water for a couple of hours it had rehydrated sufficiently to cook properly.

Went a bit overboard on the chili, so now enjoying a nice hot cup of tea before putting the bog roll in the fridge ready for tomorrow.

I had intended to meander off to Buyology in Llansamlet to get some more shelving stuff, but in the end the spirit was willing but the body simply couldn't be arsed.

The car needs an MOT shortly and I can't be arsed with that too.

Was vastly amused by

http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/07/couple...-fine-6984168/

when you consider that the local STW had been disused for 80 or 90 years with the sewage discharged straight into a somewhat larger stream than the one in the article.

It was changed after some council bod had observed a turd being discharge from a soil pipe on the other side of the stream & was shown the big pipe doing exactly the same thing on the near side.
                    Last edited by zeitghost; 7 October 2017, 17:07.

Comment

Tomorrow I head south, for a birthday lunch for my brother and my niece, whose birthdays are neatly arranged either side of this weekend.

Yesterday I ordered an Amazon gift card for him off (naturally) Amazon, whose product page assured me it would arrive today if I ordered it within the next 7 hours and 4x minutes. But the gits have gone back on that and it won't arrive until tomorrow, meaning I'll get it after the actual event for which it was required

So I need to either pop out now to get him a card, or allow time to do so tomorrow morning. I suspect I'll leave it until tomorrow

I've already got a card for my niece and I'm going to give her a load of cash, as she's a student and they always like getting cash

Which reminds me, I need to go to the cash machine… FFS

Comment

Working...
                      X