• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what's the difference between a magician's wand and a policeman's tazer?
    the magician's wand is for cunning stunts.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Permission to say tulip.

The wife just phoned. She didn’t make it in time to say goodbye.

I’ve now got a funeral to go to soon.
      Bummer.

I wasn't there for either of my parents.

This evening's entertainment was S1E13&E14 of "Person of Interest", the first being "Root Cause", presumably the introduction of Root.

"Person of Interest" Root Cause (TV Episode 2012) - IMDb

Who later turned into Amy Acker.
      Last edited by zeitghost; 4 October 2017, 21:40.

Comment

Tonight's film was Red Dawn (the original 1984 version, not the 2012 remake) in which Russian and Cuban forces occupy much of America, and some young people take to the mountains and form a guerrilla resistance group.

It wasn't very good

Contrary to the beliefs of the True American Patriots snowflaking away in the IMDB reviews, I say this not because I'm offended by the portrayal of the Communist forces, nor because I think Americans should be ashamed of their country rather than fighting to defend it (though they should really be more careful who they elect if they want to have anything left worth defending), but simply because it isn't very good.

Take the horses. They're given a bunch of horses by a friendly rancher early on, and ride on them up to their lair high in the mountains. Now, it's late autumn and there isn't really anything for the horses to graze on up there, or at least not that will last them through the months of winter, and they didn't bring any kind of fodder with them. But that's OK because once they're up in the mountains, the horses just vanish. Then a while later, when it's convenient to have them again, they reappear. What's more, they're being ridden down the mountain, so it can't be that they'd been taken back down to the foothills or something. And the horses keep vanishing whenever it's convenient for them not to be there, and reappear whenever they come in useful. All very odd

There's loads of other stuff like this, with the battle scenes being particularly unlikely - which is a shame, as they're the entire point of the film.

Apparently the 2012 remake is even worse in terms of story, acting, and general realism, but hopefully the special effects are a bit better. Anyway, I'll watch it at some point and find out

Goodnight all

Comment

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning all grey and gloomy here this morning. Once my car comes back from being serviced I shall probably be off to Devon.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              There's loads of other stuff like this, with the battle scenes being particularly unlikely - which is a shame, as they're the entire point of the film.
              If you want a larf, watch the battle scenes from "Heaven's Gate".

There's so much dust most of it is invisible.

A bit like the plot really.

And there's lots of animal abuse in some scenes, Cimino is alleged to have blown up a horse.

And we won't speak about the cock fight.

Needless to say, none of this is in the UK release, you have to watch the septic version to gain a true appreciation of how nasty it is.

Oh, and the other thing is that in reality the two leading characters were dead long before the Johnson County War took place, having been lynched.

Comment

Apologies for the lack of drivel yesterday. However looks like I picked a good day to be away from the WTFH abuse perspective....

Comment

At bank this morning next to a motorcyclist. He was revving his bike as he was upset that the bike section was full of bikes.

I nearly pointed out to him he had a £150 fine coming. However I thought he might do it a few more days before the ticket comes in the post.....

Comment

At the A4/A3 junction this morning a car had stopped and 2 people were arguing holding up all the traffic. Weird.

Now who can tell me where the A4/A3 junction is?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      At the A4/A3 junction this morning a car had stopped and 2 people were arguing holding up all the traffic. Weird.

Now who can tell me where the A4/A3 junction is?
                      It’s going to be somewhere like Monument
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X