• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And there we go - offer accepted!

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post

Comment

Evening all!

It looks like that after a month of viewings and starting to get house fatigue we may have an offer accepted. Agent just texted me know that the seller intends to accept after we send proof of mortgage. Needless to say the AIP has been sent right over. Fingers crossed now!

Comment

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

housewarming party...
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              housewarming party...
              Most definitely!

Comment

TFBSZ
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

This evening's "entertainment" was "Heaven's Gate", Kris Kristoferson, Michael Cimino, 1980, a film so bad it killed United Artists stone fecking dead.

Heaven's Gate (1980) - IMDb

And by deity it's fecking long.

Very long.

Longly loooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnngggggg.

Thank feck for FF.

And the dvd was region 1 so I had to dig out an old region free player I bought about 8 years ago & never used because it was very poorly built.

3 hours and 39 minutes.

Plus the trailer.

And I still didn't get to hear the bit that John Hurt said was the foundation of the story.

How the feck Cimino thought that 20 minutes spent in "Harvard" at the beginning was a good idea is quite beyond me.

But I've watched it now so that's done & dusted.

1870, 1890, and 1903.

Gosh.

I forgot about the rollerskating. That was crap too. FF worked a treat.

Originally posted by IMDB
                  Sir John Hurt spent so long waiting around on the production for something to do, that he made The Elephant Man (1980), then came back to shoot more scenes for this film.

Originally posted by IMDB
                  Isabelle Huppert was cast as Ella over the objection of United Artists executives. Michael Cimino insisted on casting her, and threatened (not for the last time) to take the film to Warner Brothers, and United Artists capitulated.

Even afterwards, Steven Bach, at one point, told Cimino to his face, that his leading lady was so unappealing, that the audience was going to wonder why Kris Kristofferson and Christopher Walken "weren't ******* each other, instead of her".

Cimino told him to go **** himself.
                  Last edited by zeitghost; 2 October 2017, 07:38.

Comment

Just threw up

I would have been just as OK with not throwing up, but apparently I don't get a say in the matter

Comment

Not thrown up again yet

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X