+ Reply to Thread
Page 29789 of 29831 FirstFirst ... 28789 29289 29689 29739 29779 29787 29788 29789 29790 29791 29799 ... LastLast
Posts 297,881 to 297,890 of 298310
  1. #297881

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    21,898
    Thanks (Given)
    518
    Thanks (Received)
    569
    Likes (Given)
    3411
    Likes (Received)
    2659

    Default

    Learnt it isn't a good idea to read some comments to/from NLyUK while in a meeting with mic not on mute.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  2. #297882

    My post count is Majestic

    NickFitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Your local branch
    Posts
    37,044
    Thanks (Given)
    1677
    Thanks (Received)
    1784
    Likes (Given)
    7983
    Likes (Received)
    4518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    You could put a note on the gate facing inwards stating when it's locked and unlocked for bins OR just put a note through all the relevant neighbours - make sure you sign your name.
    Notes on the gate are generally ignored, judging by past responses to notices (not from me, usually from the residents' association chap who issues the keys) asking people to keep it locked

    And the relevant neighbours constitute getting on for twenty houses, most of which are split into four or five flats. If they're anything like my place, fliers tend to pile up in halls, unread; so I doubt the message would reach most of them.

    They'll get fed up with unlocking it before I get fed up with locking it. We've been down this road before, and They have no staying power

  3. #297883

    More fingers than teeth


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    60,130
    Thanks (Given)
    1025
    Thanks (Received)
    1909
    Likes (Given)
    2534
    Likes (Received)
    3963

    Default

    Apparently there's a Directors Cut with much in the way of changes.

    I much preferred "Parker" with Jason Statham if I'm honest.


    Nick: have you watched the Sky version of "The Bridge", entertainingly entitled "The Tunnel"?

    The first one was ok, I've never got around to watching the 2nd one, in much the same way that I've not watched the London based "24".

    Is anyone watching the 24 reboot with someone who appears not to be Kieffer Sutherland?

  4. #297884

    My post count is Majestic

    NickFitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Your local branch
    Posts
    37,044
    Thanks (Given)
    1677
    Thanks (Received)
    1784
    Likes (Given)
    7983
    Likes (Received)
    4518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeitghost View Post
    Apparently there's a Directors Cut with much in the way of changes.

    I much preferred "Parker" with Jason Statham if I'm honest.


    Nick: have you watched the Sky version of "The Bridge", entertainingly entitled "The Tunnel"?

    The first one was ok, I've never got around to watching the 2nd one, in much the same way that I've not watched the London based "24".

    Is anyone watching the 24 reboot with someone who appears not to be Kieffer Sutherland?
    No, I haven't bothered with that. If they do it in Danish and Swedish with English subtitles, I might give it a try

  5. #297885

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30,881
    Thanks (Given)
    119
    Thanks (Received)
    987
    Likes (Given)
    1511
    Likes (Received)
    5015

    Default

    Post has just gone up on our 10k+ strong local community Facebook page advising the local MP is marking Women's day by coming and having a talk a local church. Last comment on the mail says...

    (Men are welcome too but please note the event is to specifically discuss women's issues).

    It's only been up 15 mins and it's going off already. Someone has already posted the sticks and stones video. Nice big bag of popcorn at the ready.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011' - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  6. #297886
    eek
    eek is offline

    bored now

    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    😂
    Posts
    21,212
    Thanks (Given)
    207
    Thanks (Received)
    1000
    Likes (Given)
    925
    Likes (Received)
    3061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Post has just gone up on our 10k+ strong local community Facebook page advising the local MP is marking Women's day by coming and having a talk a local church. Last comment on the mail says...

    (Men are welcome too but please note the event is to specifically discuss women's issues).

    It's only been up 15 mins and it's going off already. Someone has already posted the sticks and stones video. Nice big bag of popcorn at the ready.
    Wasn't International Women' day on March 8th?
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

  7. #297887

    My post count is Majestic

    NickFitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Your local branch
    Posts
    37,044
    Thanks (Given)
    1677
    Thanks (Received)
    1784
    Likes (Given)
    7983
    Likes (Received)
    4518

    Default

    Bacon butty for lunch

    The fat pooling at the bottom left quadrant of the frying pan reminds me that I need to get the spirit level out and adjust the feet on the new cooker.

  8. #297888

    Godlike


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    8,762
    Thanks (Given)
    582
    Thanks (Received)
    497
    Likes (Given)
    3872
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    Notes on the gate are generally ignored, judging by past responses to notices (not from me, usually from the residents' association chap who issues the keys) asking people to keep it locked

    And the relevant neighbours constitute getting on for twenty houses, most of which are split into four or five flats. If they're anything like my place, fliers tend to pile up in halls, unread; so I doubt the message would reach most of them.

    They'll get fed up with unlocking it before I get fed up with locking it. We've been down this road before, and They have no staying power
    Our dustmen have a pass key, the gate buzz locks behind them as they leave

  9. #297889

    My post count is Majestic

    NickFitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Your local branch
    Posts
    37,044
    Thanks (Given)
    1677
    Thanks (Received)
    1784
    Likes (Given)
    7983
    Likes (Received)
    4518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Our dustmen have a pass key, the gate buzz locks behind them as they leave
    Ours are supposed to have a key, but it seems to be highly variable whether or not they know that they have one. Also, since the gate was installed about fourteen years ago recycling has become a separate bin and collection (though on the same day), but it seems nobody thought to give the recycling crew a key, so the gate needs to be left open anyway

  10. #297890

    Godlike


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    8,762
    Thanks (Given)
    582
    Thanks (Received)
    497
    Likes (Given)
    3872
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    Ours are supposed to have a key, but it seems to be highly variable whether or not they know that they have one. Also, since the gate was installed about fourteen years ago recycling has become a separate bin and collection (though on the same day), but it seems nobody thought to give the recycling crew a key, so the gate needs to be left open anyway

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.