• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's tea has been roast gammon, chips, fried egg, and beans

That was the last of the gammon I roasted two or three months ago, thawed out then quickly fried on each side. It keeps well when sliced and vacuum-packed in the freezer

Comment

Fighting with a file left by someone else.

Given up.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

This evening's entertainment, in addition to the changing of the bulb (60W tungsten) in the PIR outside light following its demise yesterday, and the fitting of a 13A rubber socket to the lead chopped off the late unlamented unused for 17 years microwave, was "City Slickers" with Billy Crystal and Jack Palance.

City Slickers (1991) - IMDb

1991 seems a very long time ago now.

It was laugh out loud funny in parts, and FF required in others.

Filled an otherwise tedious 1:5045 of the evening.

Comment

The Dog (tw) is home. Room (kennel) rate is only £82 a night. But the amount of methadone she’s been taking outweighs that, might explain why she is off her face.
          ...but happy.

...like me.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            The Dog (tw) is home. Room (kennel) rate is only £82 a night. But the amount of methadone she’s been taking outweighs that, might explain why she is off her face.
            ...but happy.

...like me.

Comment

Bin day tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all Clear blue skies. Time to take The Dog (tw) for a walk - only allowed to go for 5 minutes at a time for a week.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out

Tad chilly when I went out to open the bin gate at seven though - 6°C

Today's the day the new Apple kit becomes available. Just went to the Apple site and ordered the Apple TV 4K for collection from the Apple Store in town, so now I've just got to wait for the email telling me it's ready and pop up to collect it

The site's been advertising 2-3 weeks for delivery since the day it opened for orders, and still is, so it's a good job they're sending them out to the stores for the likes of me to get on the day, rather than to people who ordered one a week ago and will still be waiting for another fortnight

Comment

It is a lovely morning. A1M closed at J47 - wherever that is, so I diverted through Leeds. Junction numbers on the M1 increase from North to South, increase further on the M1:A1 link road to the East of Leeds, drop down by 5 or so and then start to increase again on the A1M proper. So there are 2 J47's between where I spotted the warning sign and where I needed to jump off so I saved my self the taxing process of trying to fathom whether that was somewhere near Garforth, or somewhere near Knaresborough and diverted

Comment

Also - TFIF

Comment

Working...
                      X