• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Looks like a cloudy start out there, to the extent that anything out there can be discerned nearly half-an-hour before sunrise

Comment

Morning all
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Exercise done. Instructor tried to make class harder so next week class will be half empty again.

Some bigot sprouting rubbish in General as usual.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...-adult-addicts

I fail on all accounts.

Where does supporting become enabling?

You are not failing. As the article you linked says, we can never be perfect parents and part of being an adult child is that you make your own choices. No-one is forcing him into these situations he is choosing to do it for himself. Part of making those choices is living with the consequences.

As far as that list goes, it not a test, there is no pass/fail. These are things that you can use to help cope with the situation. Just because you haven't applied them yet doesn't mean you can't in future.

Don't be hard on yourself, this is not your fault, it's his.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Cheers all - too much vino last night methinks. I'm all good this morning (apart from a touch of bunkitis)

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Exercise done. Instructor tried to make class harder so next week class will be half empty again.

Some bigot sprouting rubbish in General as usual.
              Who would that be?

Comment

House update...

AIP through, which is useful.

However, the vendor has wittered about the possibility of a survery throwing up damp issues and has gone for a cash offer over ours.

Back to the drawing board again. Sadly most of the stuff around us right now seems to be either a complete wreck or a rabbit hutch. Time to gird our loins and get looking again.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  this has a side effect of MrsMac looking like a bartered wife due to bruises on her legs
                  A bartered wife? Did she get the hump?

Comment

Cheese and Tuna panini to set me up for the trek back from EndClientCo to the headquarters of MyCo. The same waffle as last week has been exchanged with BigConsultancy's representatives, who have scurried away to update their slide decks. Nothing has actually happened, but they seem pleased to have something to report

Comment

To the petrol station, as usual.

When filling up, I like to guess at a figure for the amount of fuel that will be required, because you have to make your own entertainment around these here fens. Today, for the first time ever, I was right: 24.36 litres

Comment

Working...
                      X