• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More of the sliced turkey for lunch. On white bread today, because you can only be so healthy

I'm dealing with a thing that gets a bunch of data covering date ranges, which has to be processed so that any overlapping ranges are made non-overlapping, with the winner to cover the overlapping period being determined according to a couple of other fields. Currently up to eighteen test cases just for dealing with two of them, and I haven't even got to the case where one lies in the middle of the other so has to be either entirely eliminated or the other has to be split in two around it

The fun starts when one overlaps two others of different priorities relative to it…

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Hope The Dog is OK.
      WSES

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        An ex-less than esteemed customer turned up this afternoon looking for a lecturer.

I disabused him of the notion of finding anyone & told him to come back on Thursday when the part timers are in.
        In other news, it would appear that said esteemed (or less than esteemed) customer is coming back in the attempt to turn his HND into a BEng.

Let us all hope that working in Tesco has imbued him with a bit more maturity.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Morning all at The Vets with The Dog (no TW today)

Whats up with The Dog ?

Comment

A chap on the wireless just mentioned the Ebbw Vale Garden Festival from long long ago and far far away up the A465.

ZeitMater wanted to go on its last day but unfortunately I was rather busy welding holes in the ZeitVauxhallChevette.

This last, was, of course, an endless way of spending one's time.
            This clock featured at said Garden Festival, then moved to John Frost Square in Newport.

Apparently it no longer works.

Comment

This clock featured at said Garden Festival, then moved to John Frost Square in Newport.

Apparently it no longer works.

Like most of the rest of Newport I imagine.

bit more stable in manchester today

client co have curry day on thursdays so thats lunch sorted -- hope their are some onion bhaji's left

Comment

afternoon

Comment

there were

onion bhaji's that is....

Comment

Finally found the setting so the projector shows things the right way up.

Installation: Front:Ceiling.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

When does this contract finish?
                      End of the month*. New one lined up for the following Monday. No rest for the wicked 😀

*the contract ends, not the project which will probably outlast us all. I'm fed up of Big Consultancy antics though. Today was explaining things to the third new team of managers...

Comment

Working...
                      X