• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what's the best way to get shot of 500+ scifi and fantasy paperbacks and 100+ general fiction books?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      what's the best way to get shot of 500+ scifi and fantasy paperbacks and 100+ general fiction books?
      Post them to yourself using MyHermes. You'll never see them again.

Comment

I think zeity's wind is affecting West Yorkshire now. I ought to go out and get petrol and visit Sainsburys before it gets any worse.

Comment

Grey but calm here at the moment. The calm before the storm…

Had a crusty bacon cob for lunch

The Tesco crusty cobs don't seem to survive as well in the freezer as the Sainsbury's ones, so I'll skip those next time I'm redeeming a voucher up there.

Comment

It's irresistable:

Knife set, little bit set with a tiny ratchet, and a pack of tyewraps.

The drizzle has abated somewhat and there's a slight sign that there might, indeed, be a sun of some kind.

The wind has dropped too.

Oh, belay that, the drizzle's back.
            Last edited by zeitghost; 10 September 2017, 14:33.

Comment

Our rain forecast keeps getting downgraded and timeshifted. Now at a 30% chance of a bit of a shower around teatime

Comment

A short interval of murrain of beasts is in progress.

Though it's more 45 degrees rather than horizontal.

Darker and darker it gets.

A determination was made that the forgotten about wonky parsnips were the cause of the odd smell in the cupboard that they were beyond even my use.

They're in the compost heap now.

It's getting lighter.

The beef it is aroasting.
                Last edited by zeitghost; 10 September 2017, 15:32.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  is this the shipping forecast thread?????
                  No but you can find it here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/coast_a...pping_forecast

In other news I need to go and buy a new mop but my legs hurt from my "mild" exercise yesterday so I can't be fecked...
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    No but you can find it here - BBC Weather - Shipping Forecast

In other news I need to go and buy a new mop but my legs hurt from my "mild" exercise yesterday so I can't be fecked...
                    Order one off Amazon - it'll be there tomorrow, so it'll be just as quick as going out for one if you don't go today

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      No but you can find it here - BBC Weather - Shipping Forecast

i always get the cleaner to pick up stuff like that, so she's using tools she likes

Comment

Working...
                      X