• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another uniformly grey day.

But it's still flat calm despite "gales in Lundy" on the shipping forecast at 05:20 this morning.

And those swifts/swallows/house martins are once more flying up & down the canal catching insects.

Comment

Blue skies - due to rain in the late afternoon/early evening. If it happens like yesterday loads of people will get wet...
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Speaking to the landlord of the house next door (the one with the recently deceased) I was surprised to learn that a tenancy becomes a part of his estate, so his next of kin have been obliged to serve notice on behalf of a guy who was carried out of the house wrapped in black plastic.

I suppose it prevents everything just being tossed in a skip/valuables nicked, but what happens when no rent is forthcoming? How on earth does one evict somebody who is already in a fridge somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          How on earth does one evict somebody who is already half way to Soylent Green

Comment

More frenzied measurements of the ZeityKitchen, such as it is.

Fitting another kitchen cabinet in is a damn sight easier than finding a way of fitting the microwave in.

Ho hum.

Several ideas have bitten the proverbial dust*.

*And that's before I've started drilling holes in the walls. Which is good.

It would appear that Sunday lunch is in abeyance, and will be Sunday evening dinner instead.

Changing the habits of a lifetime.

Comment

Morning denizens

It was looking fairly sunny out when I got up but now I've got coffee and dithered around putting yesterday's laundry away, it's turned rather grey

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                Speaking to the landlord of the house next door (the one with the recently deceased) I was surprised to learn that a tenancy becomes a part of his estate, so his next of kin have been obliged to serve notice on behalf of a guy who was carried out of the house wrapped in black plastic.

I suppose it prevents everything just being tossed in a skip/valuables nicked, but what happens when no rent is forthcoming? How on earth does one evict somebody who is already in a fridge somewhere
                I don't suppose a court would dither too much over issuing a possession order in the circumstances.

I wonder if his next of kin could move in? I suppose it means that, for example, a spouse whose name wasn't on the tenancy agreement couldn't just be thrown out in short order.

Comment

The flat calm has departed, so now we have horizontal drizzle driven by a semi gale.

I wonder what it's like at the new campus today with the wind as it is.

Walking over the bridge over the Tawe will be interesting.

Comment

Dry but sky is grey
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

is this the shipping forecast thread?????

Comment

Working...
                      X