• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And sunny again

If this is a ploy to lure me outside it's going to fail, because I happen to know that The Football Club™ have guests from That London this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Next time the tip's closed, you know where to go
      Indeed.

There were several proper holes in the ground around there, not just bell pits.

Just looking at the number of crosses on the "Mine Entry" bit of the BC map tells you that.

Washing done. And the rain is back, this time in "torrential" mode
      Must have been the bit that soaked me to the skin.

It's been intermittently sunny around here, but it's dark grey now.

And according to the shipping forecast, it's gales for Lundy, and storm force 10 in places.

Currently quite still & windless but I think it's lulling us into a false sense of security.

And sunny again

If this is a ploy to lure me outside it's going to fail, because I happen to know that The Football Club™ have guests from That London this afternoon.
      Dear deity, The Horror! Oh The Horror!

I've been potching about with my new cooker hood & some link lights so I'll have half a chance of seeing what I'm attempting to cook in ZeityTowers, assuming I ever manage to move in, considering the lack of space.

It should all be Part P, but oddly enough, I don't give a tulipe.

I want to put up some "floating shelves" but the lack of info about where the cables run is putting me off a bit.

For some odd reason the cooker hood requires a double pole fused isolator switch, which it's now got, and the link lights are connected to a corded pullswitch thingie in one of those famous ZeitPotches.

It's all very safe but distinctly non Part P.

Once I'm dead and gone, someone else can sort it all out.

Half the trouble is that fecking plastic crap that stuck so firmly to the walls, concealing everything.
      Last edited by zeitghost; 9 September 2017, 17:22.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Indeed.

There were several proper holes in the ground around there, not just bell pits.

Just looking at the number of crosses on the "Mine Entry" bit of the BC map tells you that.

Must have been the bit that soaked me to the skin.

It's been intermittently sunny around here, but it's dark grey now.

And according to the shipping forecast, it's gales for Lundy, and storm force 10 in places.

Currently quite still & windless but I think it's lulling us into a false sense of security.

Dear deity, The Horror! Oh The Horror!

I've been potching about with my new cooker hood & some link lights so I'll have half a chance of seeing what I'm attempting to cook in ZeityTowers, assuming I ever manage to move in, considering the lack of space.

It should all be Part P, but oddly enough, I don't give a tulipe.

I want to put up some "floating shelves" but the lack of info about where the cables run is putting me off a bit.

For some odd reason the cooker hood requires a double pole fused isolator switch, which it's now got, and the link lights are connected to a corded pullswitch thingie in one of those famous ZeitPotches.

It's all very safe but distinctly non Part P.

Once I'm dead and gone, someone else can sort it all out.

Half the trouble is that fecking plastic crap that stuck so firmly to the walls, concealing everything.
        Think of it as revenge on the Zeitnephew for the pissing about with the other house
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

In the Chinese
            And very nice it was

Accompanying it, the TV served up a chunk of Road Wars that must be getting on ten years old. Can't remember if I'd seen that particular one before, as they're all the same when you come down to it

The Chinese was very busy for some reason - they had lots of delivery orders on the go, and also had an unusual influx of people visiting in person. Usually it's just me, but there was a couple in there when I arrived, then a chap came in, then another chap (who I vaguely remembered from various pubs twenty and more years ago), then a couple of women. All very odd

Comment

TFBSZ
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Following the first feature, this being the NZ motorway thingie, the 2nd feature was "Safehouse" (2012) Denzel Washington, Ryan Reynolds, Robert Patrick.

Safe House (2012) - IMDb

It was rather enjoyable in a mindless sort of way.

Further to the earlier forecast of gales at Lundy, it still seems to be flat calm out there at the moment, but I'm sure it'll perk up a bit later in the night.

Took me a while to remember where I'd seen one of the actors before, he was in the Septic version of "The Killing", back in the day.
                Last edited by zeitghost; 10 September 2017, 08:19.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Following the first feature, this being the NZ motorway thingie, the 2nd feature was "Safehouse" (2012) Denzel Washington, Ryan Reynolds, Robert Patrick.

Safe House (2012) - IMDb

It was rather enjoyable in a mindless sort of way.

Further to the earlier forecast of gales at Lundy, it still seems to be flat calm out there at the moment, but I'm sure it'll perk up a bit later in the night.
                  I quite enjoyed that when I watched it recently

This evening's movie feature has been Anthropoid, in which some disgruntled Czechs and Slovaks set out to assassinate Reinhard Heydrich, who it has to be said very much deserved it. As is the way of these things, there was a fair amount of unpleasantness for quite a lot of people in the end :nazi:

There's a very nice moon out there tonight - makes me glad I have very tall windows, so I can see it even from my armchair a fair way back in the room

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X