• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Nearly dead.

Have I ever mentioned how much I fecking hate gardening?

And how does a bramble grow 15 feet in 3 months?

Another CWT of apples have met the compost heap.

And I've just eaten the 2nd apple I've picked off the tree this year.

It was quite nice, and almost ripe, the flesh having achieved its pinkish tinge.

The ZeitTea has been consumed, consisting of more of yesterday's leg of lamb.

The R4 comedy is "Just a Minute" which is proving to be unusually funny for a R4 "comedy" these days.
    You should try Japanese Knotweed....

Comment

Fish pie for dinner. With vegetables. FRom co-op.

Comment

Mrs BP has gone to stay with friends in Suffolk. Leaving me to do all the washing.

I am over half way now.

I even got a load of shopping too.

Luckily I cleaned the house top to bottom last week. Though I had to re-vacuum some bits due to the cats.

Thursday I re-start contract. Its a full year from August 10th. I can't wait. God how I hate trying to find things to do.....

Comment

The chicken (and vegetable, but we don't talk about those) soup turned out very nice indeed - had a big bowl with a few slices of soft white bread

The remainder (two more bowlfuls) has been decanted into suitable containers and is cooling down ready for the freezer.

Comment

This evening's entertainment has been Red2:

RED 2 (2013) - IMDb

with Bruce Willis et al, the al, in this case, includes V. M. Varga, aka David Thewlis.

Comment

Watching a very happy Venezuelan who has won the Gold medal in the triple jump.

Find the start to running races amusing at this World Championship running, jumping and throwing thing.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Rained a bit here, but it's stopped now.

Back to ClientCo tomorrow: eight more weeks to go, or twenty-four days. Wonder how much we can get done in that time. Hopefully all of it.

Even if they extend yet again, I'm going to take a few weeks off. Definitely need a break

Goodnight all

Comment

Back from band practice. Our drummer is off on holiday but we meet in his games room and we have spare keys. The lead guitarist's son is home from university (where he's studying music) and he came along to play.
                  How do we tell out original drummer that he's been replaced, while still using his drum kit and his house?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

This evening's 2nd feature was "Bend in the River": James Stewart, Arthur Kennedy et al. 1952.

Where the River Bends (1952) - IMDb

Above average fable set in Oregon for a change.

The Native Americans didn't win.

Nor did the gold miners.

Very impressive country.

Comment

Morning denizens

Gloomy, grey, rainy day out there

Comment

Working...
                      X