• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of visiting relations, in a fit of pure insanity my dear niece has come up with the idea that we should have Xmas this year in the ZeitParents' house.

She plainly is unaware of the state of the place.

Ho hum.

And, anyway, Bah! Humbug!

Comment

Tonight's cinematic extravaganza opened with Harry Brown, in which Michael Caine plays an elderly ex-marine who takes matters into his own hands when the police seem unable to deal with crime on the London housing estate in which he lives. Utterly bleak, and very good indeed

I needed cheering up after that, so I turned to Mission: Impossible [IV|4|Ghost Protocol] (delete stray bits of title as applicable, as the initial colon is causing the usual problems with these titles), which was cracking fun in the usual manner of these things

And then I realised that I'd been watching lots of stuff in my native language recently, so I watched the second episode, Byfånen, of the first series of the original Swedish Wallander (in Swedish), which turned out also to be very good - better than the first episode, in which the eponymous character was mainly portrayed an an incompetent drunkard, whereas this time he was fairly useful in solving the case

Goodnight all
      Last edited by NickFitz; 5 August 2017, 04:29. Reason: Links!

Comment

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          Speaking of visiting relations, in a fit of pure insanity my dear niece has come up with the idea that we should have Xmas this year in the ZeitParents' house.

She plainly is unaware of the state of the place.
          Hope you laughed at her suggestion after pointing out the catering facilities were inadequate and that's ignoring the fungus growing in the bathroom....

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Tonight's cinematic extravaganza opened with Harry Brown, in which Michael Caine plays an elderly ex-marine who takes matters into his own hands when the police seem unable to deal with crime on the London housing estate in which he lives. Utterly bleak, and very good indeed

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Hope you laughed at her suggestion after pointing out the catering facilities were inadequate and that's ignoring the fungus growing in the bathroom....
              Ooooo, that's a good idea.

Comment

Morning all blue skies and sunny here
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Ooooo, that's a good idea.
                  Well you can't cook a turkey with a broken oven can you?

Comment

Jean Reno was good in that too.

Both Clint & Sir Michael show they really know their craft. Gran Torino is good as well.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Next door neighbour seems pissed off that I borrowed my wheelbarrow back.

He's had to borrow one from someone else.

He was welcome to borrow mine again as long as he put it back when he'd finished with it rather than leaving it out full of weeds & water so that I had to clean it when I wanted to carry the Sunday shopping up the garden path which is its main use these days.

Nice bit of thunder & lightning earlier, along with some real rain, hail, & murrain of beasts type monsoon.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      Jean Reno was good in that too.
                      Last edited by zeitghost; 5 August 2017, 11:59.

Comment

Working...
                      X