• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Welcome back Dave.
    Do you think some time in the next few weeks/months once your neck has recovered you might head to Pocklington and cycle the last bit?
    Thanks.

Nope, to be honest I know I could have done it the neck had held out, so riding the last leg from Pocklington feels a bit pointless.

The plan, such as it is at this stage, is to do the whole thing again next year as a solo effort. The official event only runs every 4 years but nothing stopping you doing it for yourself. The logistics will be a bit more involved with no control points with support but it's doable.

Just have to get it past MrsB
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

It's inneresting that this thread is top in a google search, closely followed by the one on Mumsnet.

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_be...-please-delete
      Last edited by zeitghost; 4 August 2017, 09:23. Reason: Spelled "inneresting" wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Thank feck that's over.

Definitely one I'll never watch ever again.

Sly was ok but Banderas was the pits.

I was about to watch S14 E20 of NCIS, but it was a fairly crap ep all in all so I think I'll go to bed instead.

If I'm honest I don't think any of the remainder of the season are worth watching really.

Especially not the fecking wedding ones.
        I have to say that Desperado with Banderas is quite a good watch - but agree with you about Asssssasins

Morning all

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Thanks.

Nope, to be honest I know I could have done it the neck had held out, so riding the last leg from Pocklington feels a bit pointless.

The plan, such as it is at this stage, is to do the whole thing again next year as a solo effort. The official event only runs every 4 years but nothing stopping you doing it for yourself. The logistics will be a bit more involved with no control points with support but it's doable.

Just have to get it past MrsB
          If I lived up that way, I'd offer you a spare room for the night.

...maybe that's what you need to do - appeal to the better nature of contractors and map out a route.

Just thought of a name for it as well:
          CUK in LEL
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Off to do the shopping. I'm hoping I'll have remembered what I need by the time I get there

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              I have to say that Desperado with Banderas is quite a good watch - but agree with you about Asssssasins

Morning all

He's on my "never watch this actor ever again" list.

Fortunately the dvd was 33p, so that was ok.

I'd have been upset if I'd spent a pound on it.

I'm in with the hoi polloi again, they're busily visiting job sites as one does when in thrall to the JobCentrePlusAsReorganisedByTheBaldyGestapoChief.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Off to do the shopping. I'm hoping I'll have remembered what I need by the time I get there
                Bits of dead animal are on there somewhere, I'm sure.

Dunno what I'm having for Sunday lunch yet.

It should be lamb, all things being equal.

Maybe I'll see what the butcher's got to offer.

It seems to have got sunny in the last 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  He's on my "never watch this actor ever again" list.

Fortunately the dvd was 33p, so that was ok.

I'd have been upset if I'd spent a pound on it.

I'm in with the hoi polloi again, they're busily visiting job sites as one does when in thrall to the JobCentrePlusAsReorganisedByTheBaldyGestapoChief.
                  #PermyProblems
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Morning all

Last day of two weeks out of the office here. What have I missed in TPD?

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                      Morning all

Last day of two weeks out of the office here. What have I missed in TPD?
                      DaveB's epic cycle ride

Comment

Working...
                      X