• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The disc gave me a choice between the original version or the extended cut, so I went for the latter. It was a bit long, and seemed to ramble on at various points. According to Wikipedia it has some fairly big differences to the original version, so maybe I ought to watch that too.

Anyway, I'd give it two-and-a-half to three stars as seen

The Australian customs one is always good for confirming that thinking it's a good idea to smuggle stuff is proof that you're too stupid to smuggle stuff

Was that Police Ten-Seven? I always enjoy the utter mundanity of so much of what the NZ police do on that

Are you going to perch it on top of the old tumble drier, like with the new telly?
    I don't think I've seen the exteneded edition of Alien3, maybe it's on the quadrilogy selection that I've never bothered to watch.

I don't have a defunct tumble drier so, sadly, the new one will have to reside on the floor.

Apparently one can get a kit to fit said tumble drier on top of the washing machine but that's a bit too organised for me.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Remarkable selection of death metal on Desert Island discs today.
      BBC Radio 4 - Desert Island Discs, Elif Shafak

Comment

I want to cut this worktop, but while shoving stuff around on Friday so I could get the bed settee out, I've somehow misplaced the jigsaw I bought solely for this purpose. Even when I find it, I've then got to find the special blades for cutting laminate. I'm pretty sure I thought "I must put those somewhere safe as I'll need them this weekend" but it was about half seven in the morning and I don't remember where

Comment

I want to cut this worktop, but while shoving stuff around on Friday so I could get the bed settee out, I've somehow misplaced the jigsaw I bought solely for this purpose. Even when I find it, I've then got to find the special blades for cutting laminate. I'm pretty sure I thought "I must put those somewhere safe as I'll need them this weekend" but it was about half seven in the morning and I don't remember where
          Found, and worktop cut!

It was slightly tricky because the original 2m length was a bit unwieldy to get on the sawhorses singlehanded. I put a sheet of ply (formerly the back of the floor cabinet I ripped out a few weeks ago) beneath it on the sawhorses, positioned so that it would still be holding together when I cut through to the far side of the worktop, so it wouldn't snap off at the last minute. That worked a treat. Then I needed to measure up the bits to cut off the back, where various bits of wall are, like this:

Code:
                      wall
          w|                         |l
          a|                         |l
          l|                         |__________
          l|                            | 
           |____________________________|
           |    front of worktop
           |
           |
          with the proviso that none of those angles or walls are really true

But I got it done well enough that, when I slid it into place and then wanted to get it out again to tidy up the right-hand end (which had been the first cut, and I wasn't quite used to the saw so it had a wobble and I needed to take off an extra few mm), it was a bit of a struggle to get it out again

I suppose I'd better go and vacuum up all the sawdust now so I can get my dinner on

Comment

Whilst awaiting the delivery of the ZeitMieleTumbleDrier, I took the opportunity to do some gardening.

I fecking hate, loathe & detest gardening but it badly needed some attention, plus someone belonging to her next door had cut back one of the plants (i.e. something that had been a plant but is effectively a weed) that slightly encroached her patio.

So Zeity leapt into action and started weeding left right & centre.

The goosegrass, as usual, has brought me out in a rash.

Ho fecking hum.

But I discovered a little colony of those little orange brown newts residing amongst the weeds.

I hope they'll survive the disturbance.

Comment

After a good bit of tidying the kitchen is now halfway to being fit for humans, as long as they're not too fussy

Anyway, dinner preparation is underway, so that's better than nothing

Comment

Having spent the day on chores and being unable to get to Morrisons for the bargains, I was reduced to cooking a smoked salmon cutlet out of the freezer.

It was very nice with new spuds and some mixed veg.

I'd have preferred a steak & kidney pie with baked beans, but there you go.

Nice use of the [ code ] thingie above by the Super Monkey Kitchen Fitter.

In other news I'm completely fecked & not in a good way.

My neck & shoulders are telling me I've done too much.

I think the newts would probably agree.

Comment

Pissed as a newt (in the US sense of the word)

Comment

Having spent the day on chores and being unable to get to Morrisons for the bargains, I was reduced to cooking a smoked salmon cutlet out of the freezer.

It was very nice with new spuds and some mixed veg.
                    Yum

I'd have preferred a steak & kidney pie with baked beans, but there you go.
                    I haven't had a pie in a while - I should get to the chip shop for one.

Nice use of the [ code ] thingie above by the Super Monkey Kitchen Fitter.
                    Eye thank yew

In other news I'm completely fecked & not in a good way.

My neck & shoulders are telling me I've done too much.

My lower back is telling me something similar

Comment

I think I'll watch Alien³ tonight
                      I saw last week, very good. You should remember the Prometheus's plot, especially the fact that David contaminated the Prometheus crew.

Comment

Working...
                      X