• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Bacon butty for lunch, with lovely soft white bread
    Bacon stir fry, when in hot humid countries etc..
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It's clouded over, but there's no rain, and none forecast. I may need to pop outside for a moment to trigger some

Comment

There we are then, that's the washer on the leaky tap duly changed, since it hasn't been touched in about 10 years or so it was a bit of a pain but Zeity got there in the end.

And the outbuilding has been slightly tidied in preparation for the arrival of the ZeitMieleTumbleDrier tomorrow.

After all this exertion, and after getting some bol out of the freezer ready for tea, I've decided not to bother going down to town again this afternoon since it's a bit late.

Comment

Just observed a jackdaw attempting to pick a gooseberry off a gooseberry bush.

This may explain the distinct lack of gooseberries last year.

I didn't know jackdaws liked gooseberries.

Maybe I'd better buy them some more peanuts.

Comment

Door and drawer fitted to one side of the new(ish) base unit

Doing the other side will be considerably quicker, as I won't have to spend an inordinate amount of time puzzling over the instructions. B&Q really need to pick up a few tips from Ikea on how to do those. Heck, Ikea have to do it all with pictures to save on translation costs, and they're still a hundred times easier to follow than B&Q's stuff

Comment

Celebrating my triumph with a "ripe and ready to eat" nectarine

Comment

Celebrating my triumph with a "ripe and ready to eat" nectarine
                I've frequently been disappointed by that claim.

I had a nice little strawberry from the garden yesterday evening.

It was one of those tiny ones (wild or non cultivated) that are the very absolute essence of strawberryness when they're ripe.

Yum.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  I've frequently been disappointed by that claim.
                  Same here, but nectarines usually aren't too bad - also, I bought these ones about three weeks ago

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  I had a nice little strawberry from the garden yesterday evening.

It was one of those tiny ones (wild or non cultivated) that are the very absolute essence of strawberryness when they're ripe.

Yum.
                  Yum indeed

Comment

Doing the other side will be considerably quicker, as I won't have to spend an inordinate amount of time puzzling over the instructions.
                    As predicted, all done and dusted in around twenty minutes

I think the most time-consuming bit second time around was measuring the position to drill for the two bolts securing the handle on the drawer front

Comment

All is now clear.

Your Plan B is to become a fitted kitchen fitter.

Comment

Working...
                      X