• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    They cost money.

I've spent less than £200 on mobile phones in 17 years.
    They don't actually cost loads of money.

One of my siblings is still using a Motorola I got for £150 4 years ago.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      And to cap it all, my pc now refuses to boot because of a flat battery.

Replacing said battery hasn't improved matters much.
      Turns out the Dell Optiplex 755 needs a bit of firkling in the bios to get it going again.

You just have to select SAT0 to ON, and set SATA OP from AHCI to ATA.

Then, voila! it booteth like a good 'un.

Another solution from the great google in the sky.
      Last edited by zeitghost; 23 May 2017, 11:50.

Comment

Ham cob, with plain crisps, for lunch. Living the dream

Comment

Ham salad buttie from the cheapo bakers. Sat on a bench on the Stray (below) to eat it. Right nice out there today

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            Ham salad buttie from the cheapo bakers. Sat on a bench on the Stray (below) to eat it. Right nice out there today

Looks very nice, the weather is tulip down here

My one day in the office today, so I treated myself to a nice Beef Curry from Toms kitchen
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              Looks very nice, the weather is tulip down here

My one day in the office today, so I treated myself to a nice Beef Curry from Toms kitchen
              It's a lovely day. Lets hope it's set fair for tomorrow too as I've tickets for England - South Africa at Headingley.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                It's a lovely day. Lets hope it's set fair for tomorrow too as I've tickets for England - South Africa at Headingley.
                Heat wave approaching, fingers crossed for you
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I had Sushi followed by an ice bun.

Now in a meeting.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Home!

Not too bad a trip back, all in all. The various windmills en route were gleaming brightly in the sunshine

Comment

The Tuesday fish has been cooked & eaten.

It was M&S fish and thus Very Nice by definition.

I suppose I ought to be eating more of the vast amount of fish of assorted varieties that ZeitMater seems to have secreted at various levels of the freezer.

There's some M&S kippers that nearly but not quite got themselves incorporated into last Saturday's kedgeree.

The wireless is still endlessly repeating the stuff it was broadcasting this morning, with more details added just to make it all worse.

We'd never have got through WWII with this sort of response.

Comment

Working...
                      X