• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Finally got to watch Jason Bourne in UHD, now that Amazon have delivered a working disk. It only took a few minutes before we saw an IPv4 address in which one of the octets was 256 (191.256.20.14 or some such, it was) which is always annoying. Maybe there should have been some IP ranges allocated to fictional use, like the 555 dialling code in the US?
    I propose -1...

Comment

Morning all sun shining for the village fete today
      I shall be behind the bar, in front of the bar and lying on the ground near the bar.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Feeling most refreshed by a proper night's sleep with no alarm set - I woke briefly at around seven, discovered what time it was, and immediately went back to sleep

Cloudy out, but the sun is breaking through from time to time

Comment

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Finally got to watch Jason Bourne in UHD, now that Amazon have delivered a working disk. It only took a few minutes before we saw an IPv4 address in which one of the octets was 256 (191.256.20.14 or some such, it was) which is always annoying. Maybe there should have been some IP ranges allocated to fictional use, like the 555 dialling code in the US?

Other than that, it was OK for hokum. As it consisted almost entirely of him either being chased or chasing, it should probably have been called Bourne To Run

And now, an early night, as I need to make up for the early rising for the bin gate this morning. Goodnight all
            Maybe 256 is the networking version of 555?

Was it worth the expense of the 4k tv?

I've never watched a Bourne film, have I missed anything?

Watched the commentary on the Transporter film last evening, along with the extended fight scenes which made a good deal more sense than the edited version.

The fight scenes still seemed undercranked to me.

It rained overnight, and it tipped down at one point as I was driving back from Pontardawe this morning.

Neath was dry during the shopping tedium, but the rain started as I was microwaving my Saturday lunchtime repast.

One charming little scene happened as I was driving down the hill in the back lane towards the big feck off puddle at the bottom: two swallows were gathering bits of grass and mud, completely oblivious of the lune in the car looking at them.

They continued so to do for a good 3 or 4 minutes & then buggered off to add some more structure to their nest.

Sommat else, like the lady woodpecker on the fat balls, that I've never seen before.

And, of course, the modem fell over just as I was posting this for the first time.

Ho hum.

And then, to add to the first world problems, Opera decided it needed a reboot for an updation.

Comment

FFS Think I sprained my ankle. Yep definitely hurts.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                Maybe 256 is the networking version of 555?

Was it worth the expense of the 4k tv?

I've never watched a Bourne film, have I missed anything?
                The 4K telly is definitely worth it, but I'm not sure that particular film was. The Martian was fantastic in 4K. I've also got Scorsese's new 4K scan of Goodfellas which I'm looking forward to. And there's various 4K series coming out on Amazon Prime, though hopefully they won't all be as slow-moving as The Man in the High Castle.

A 4K print of Breaking Bad would look pretty good, with all that scenery and stuff

The Bourne films are what you'd expect of spy thriller hokum: lots of CIA capabilities that they'd never get funding for or which would never work in the first place, similar to the stuff Bond supposedly gets despite being a British civil servant when you come down to it; and lots of chases and fights. Good enough fun, but hardly earth-shattering stuff

Maybe worth picking up the DVDs from the charity shop if you see them, though it's probably best to watch them in order of release as there's a backstory of sorts developed over the course of the series.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  FFS Think I sprained my ankle. Yep definitely hurts.
                  Remember to put the wine and the remote control within easy reach of the settee before settling down to rest it for the foreseeable future

Comment

The rain's tipping down here at the moment

Not that I need to go anywhere in it

Comment

The rain's tipping down here at the moment

Not that I need to go anywhere in it
                      And now it's sunny out - sunnier than it's been all day

Comment

Working...
                      X