• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to get a parking space on the M25
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

There's some mouthy Scotch bint* waffling on endlessly on Any Questions.

One does miss Sir Gerald Nabarro.

*turns out she's a convert, being born in Scotchland of English parents.

Comment

Feck, even my fecking weekends aren't my own, the ZeitNephew's wife is having some of her deceased father's claptraps delivered this afternoon.

That's cramped my style a bit.

Ho fecking hum with fecking knobs, bells & fecking whistles on.

And, needless to say, I'd completely forgotten about it.

Comment

A small fry-up for lunch, again

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            Feck, even my fecking weekends aren't my own, the ZeitNephew's wife is having some of her deceased father's claptraps delivered this afternoon.

That's cramped my style a bit.

Ho fecking hum with fecking knobs, bells & fecking whistles on.

And, needless to say, I'd completely forgotten about it.
            I reckon waiting for deliveries is really stressful because not only can't you go out, you also can't really focus on doing anything else as you know you might be interrupted any moment

Comment

Off to the local microbrewery pub tonight

I can't decide if I'm hungry enough after this afternoon's fry-up to go to the Chinese beforehand or not. I might save that treat for tomorrow. Then all I have to do is make it home past the numerous kebab shops up the road… though I looked them all up on the food hygiene website a while ago, and the findings on there help with resisting temptation

Comment

The chair turned out to be a Parker Knoll recliner that was too big to come in through the front door, so came in through the back.

The chest of drawers is an enormous bow fronted thing that was only just about able to be put into the front room.

The china cabinet is a reasonable size, and the china is in 3 boxes, one of which is so heavy I couldn't pick it up.

Magic.

There's barely room for me now.

The ZeitParents' living room suite will be off to the recycling just to make some space.

Dunno about the front room suite, which has had very little wear despite being 20 odd years old.

All good clean fun.

Just come back from another meal out that cost me £90.

This selling houses is making me a pauper.

Comment

Comment

DD is forcing me to watch Britains - got - no - talent

Comment

Fish overload: it was unwise to have calimari and whitebait, followed by poached salmon. :

And I don't think the beer helped overmuch, to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                      X