• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just seen a tweet by someone from Liverpool that started "R A"

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Just seen a tweet by someone from Liverpool that started "R A"

Could someone elucidate please?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        I managed that on the M25 once, almost got the car into 3rd gear.
        That must be a lie. Santa Admin does not give presents to mods who lie in tpd....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Could someone elucidate please?
          Liverpudlians tend to start sentences that convey a negative sense with "Aah, hey"* but because of the accent it sounds like "R A". First time I've seen someone explicitly spell it out like that, but it makes sense given Twitter's 140 character limit

* Examples: "R A I never nicked them wheels", "R A I wasn't working on the side", "R A R Sandra's norra thief".

Comment

Liverpudlians tend to start sentences that convey a negative sense with "Aah, hey"* but because of the accent it sounds like "R A". First time I've seen someone explicitly spell it out like that, but it makes sense given Twitter's 140 character limit

* Examples: "R A I never nicked them wheels", "R A I wasn't working on the side", "R A R Sandra's norra thief".
            R A Calm down, calm down!
            Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
              R A Calm down, calm down!
              Exactly!

Comment

Just popped to Iceland to replenish my stock of frozen Greggs steak bakes. I realise this hardly leaves me in any position to pass judgment but by Christ, people eat some terrible muck don't they? There were people at the till with what looked like their weekly shop and the healthiest thing out of the lot was a tin of baked beans

I'm always deeply suspicious of things that claim to be chicken but come in a bag of two dozen for a couple of quid and have a shape that doesn't resemble any part of the anatomy of a chicken

Comment

Just popped to Iceland to replenish my stock of frozen Greggs steak bakes. I realise this hardly leaves me in any position to pass judgment but by Christ, people eat some terrible muck don't they? There were people at the till with what looked like their weekly shop and the healthiest thing out of the lot was a tin of baked beans

I'm always deeply suspicious of things that claim to be chicken but come in a bag of two dozen for a couple of quid and have a shape that doesn't resemble any part of the anatomy of a chicken
                  No frozen Iceland veg?

Then to be fair if you see my shopping you think I'm a health freak or a slob. Mainly because I buy fruit and veg from one place and other stuff from other supermarkets.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    No frozen Iceland veg?

Then to be fair if you see my shopping you think I'm a health freak or a slob. Mainly because I buy fruit and veg from one place and other stuff from other supermarkets.
                    I seem to have got there at the same time as people who don't like veg, though neither do I so I'm not going to fault them for that

I was thinking that they might be buying other, better stuff elsewhere, but the chap behind me with the alleged chicken bits looked like he had his entire shop for the week in there

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      No frozen Iceland veg?

It's pretty common here for people to not get veg at supermarkets as there's a huge fruit and veg market in town six days a week which is always much cheaper. It's where Gary Lineker's family's stall is, or was - I haven't been there in a while so I'm not sure if they're still running the stall.

EDIT: looks like they've moved, and the stall isn't as big as it was in their 1980s heyday: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.63...7i13312!8i6656
                      Last edited by NickFitz; 24 April 2017, 14:20.

Comment

Working...
                      X