• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on CBII.

All doing well I trust?

Just been down to the dump again.

Queue today, unlike yesterday.

Disposed of a century or longer collection of assorted textiles.

No use to me of course, so off it goes.

Apart from the single solitary bag that successfully hid itself from notice.

Just the boxes of assorted drugs to dispose of next.

I suppose I should go & give the front borders a bit of attention before the tigers move in again.

The rambling rose of immortal memory is, despite being cut back hard last autumn, rambling away again like a good 'un.

The chap next door was unhappy that I was pruning it so drastically.

It's gonna be trained in his direction from now on.

Bargain handcream purchase from Tesco(tm) this afternoon, reduced to 58p, so I bought a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Sunny. Pollen count appears to be high so I took an antihistamine.

Which is a first for this time of year.
      I think it must be fairly high because I'm coughing a lot & it's difficult to keep my eyes open.

Comment

FFS for those who don't think sexism exists I've just seen an(other) example of it.

Was speaking to a clientCo developer about something. She mentioned some concerns so I brought it up with someone else more senior.

Senior bod reply is "Why does he need to know about xyz?"

ClientCo is very good at ensuring they have more than the average male to female ratio across all roles so you cannot presume a person in a specific role is one gender, even more so with foreign names some of which I know are unisex.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Senior bod is profusely apologising. I will now have fun mentioning genders with him....

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
            Afternoon all - back in the room here.

CovBaby II arrived on Friday afternoon - a girl, 8lbs 6oz.

I've even missed a couple of days billing to spend time with her

Shattered now!
            Congratulations!

Comment

Pretty good journey home

It's been gloriously sunny over at ClientCo. Got increasingly overcast as I headed home, and on the dual carriageway up from the motorway I briefly thought it looked so dim because I had my sunglasses on. I didn't

Comment

More turkey consumed.

Garlic bread and pigs in blankets cooked and some consumed.

Stuffed now.

And it's still sunny.

Comment

Exercise done. Thought I needed lighter weights after week off but it appears not. More chocolate consumed. Need to shower...

Comment

Tonight's repast has been the French triple again: boeuf bourguignon, croquettes, and petits pois; and it was delicious

I hope I can remember the recipe for that bourguignon, as there's only one portion left in the freezer and I really like it.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      I hope I can remember the recipe for that bourguignon, as there's only one portion left in the freezer and I really like it.
                      Ha! People complain about Google watching their every move, but I just went to https://myactivity.google.com/myactivity and there in my search history was the link to the recipe I based mine on, dated three days before I put mine in the freezer

Comment

Working...
                      X