• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morrison chunky steak pie & Salad.

Haredy's Legacy to wash it down.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Had the obligatory lentil <pffffft> soup for tea.

Tomorrow shall bring the obligatory fried fish, this being some I found at the bottom (almost) of the freezer, BBE 10/2014.

We shall see whether it's fit for lizardly consumption at tea time tomorrow.

Following the viewing of Person of Interest and The Big Bang Theory, I found an ancient episode of "The Avengers" sans colour & sans Mrs Gale, from season 2, apparently.

It had something to do with wrestling & was graced with Steed and a turn by Philip Madoc as an evil foreign agent of some kind.

This:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0516902/?ref_=ttep_ep3

And after that I extracted the new ZeitHDTV(tm) from its box & tuned it in.

Or more correctly, it tuned itself in.

Can't say I'm overly impressed. I find these new fangled televisors a bit hard on the eyes, all in all. It may grow on me, given time.

Plus the HDMI lead I bought is rather too short to reach the BluRay player, which is a bit of a pain.

I'll have to get another one tomorrow.

All this so I can watch the director's cut of "Payback" with Mel Gibson, which is included on the BluRay disk.
      Last edited by zeitghost; 13 April 2017, 22:19.

Comment

TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Night - had beer, wine, cocktails and spirits...
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Strange business a while ago. Around half past ten, my doorbell rang. I wasn't expecting anyone, and was pleasantly ensconced in my armchair in my dressing gown watching The Pacific, so I ignored it. However, it rang several times more. As the bell push hangs loose and is generally unreliable, this took some perseverance on the part of the person at the front door, so I went so far as to pause the disc and stand up, so I could see who it was if they left. (Often people will ring various bells, and the dodginess of the bell pushes means that ringing other flats sometimes activates my bell too, so it was possible they'd be let in by somebody else they actually wanted to see, in which case I wouldn't see them leave.)

Soon they headed back down the path: two police officers, and two more walking down next door's path

They went off at a brisk pace and crossed the road, then went up to Sainsbury's Local's car park, where they had a patrol car parked. They all got in and drove away down the road, in the general direction of the police HQ a couple of miles away.

I'd noticed earlier that the door to the flat above the hardware shop opposite has been replaced with a temporary chipboard affair, so I assume there's been a break-in over there and they were stopping off to ask if any of us had seen or heard anything as they were on their way back to HQ for a tea break. Anyway, if there was a break-in, it must have happened when I was either asleep or at ClientCo, so they haven't missed out on any valuable information by my failure to wander downstairs in dressing gown and slippers. I daresay they'll be back tomorrow, maybe when I'm fully clothed

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Night - had beer, wine, cocktails and spirits...
              That's the spirit!

Or spirits…

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  You'll never take me alive, copper.

<NF in "White Heat" mode>
                  FTFY.

Comment

Morning all sunny dog walk earlier, Now a bit overcast. Off to a garden centre shortly.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Ahhh

I visited a garden centre yesterday. Full of people.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X