• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whilst it was lovely & sunny in Swansea, there was a bank of cloud over the sea.

Which, it transpires, was making a bee line for the Neath valley thus covering the entire tuliphole with mist.

Ho hum.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Whilst it was lovely & sunny in Swansea, there was a bank of cloud over the sea.

Which, it transpires, was making a bee line for the Neath valley thus covering the entire tuliphole with mist.

Ho hum.
      There was a really thick fog for a good few miles further down the M1 and along the A14 this morning. It was weird, as either side of it was in glorious sunshine, and it wasn't huddled in a low-lying area or anything - not that it's very hilly thereabouts, but it does go up and down a bit. Very odd

Comment

Chicken from Monday night for dinner

I had a surplus of roast spuds on Monday, so I stuck them in a small dish and put them in the oven to heat up. Then in the last few minutes I got an identical dish from the cupboard and put a few Yorkshire puds in it. I put them in the oven, then picked up the identical dish with the spuds to put it back in… and of course it was mega hot and burned my fingers really badly

I'm going to be heavily reliant on PyCharm's code autocomplete facility at ClientCo tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          There was a really thick fog for a good few miles further down the M1 and along the A14 this morning. It was weird, as either side of it was in glorious sunshine, and it wasn't huddled in a low-lying area or anything - not that it's very hilly thereabouts, but it does go up and down a bit. Very odd
          If you've experienced any lost time or have an uncontrollable impulse to make replica mountains out of mashed potato, then I think you should worry.

Sticking your burned fingers under the water from the cold tap for 5 or 10 minutes would have helped a bit, but I'm sure you knew that anyway.

Comment

TFBSZ

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              If you've experienced any lost time or have an uncontrollable impulse to make replica mountains out of mashed potato, then I think you should worry.

Sticking your burned fingers under the water from the cold tap for 5 or 10 minutes would have helped a bit, but I'm sure you knew that anyway.
              That's what I did. It helped a bit, but the damage was already done to some extent

Anyway, they seem to be recovering a bit now - either that, or the nerves are all dying

Comment

Goodnight all

Comment

should my daily report be:

Had to deal with complete feckwits in the EIM team?

Had to deal with Vendor who doesn't care.

Had to deal with fellow BAs who screwed up and caused my data to tank?

Got pissed felt better?
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning denizens

Looks grey out there and, looking to the middle distance over the carpet shop, it seems rather on the misty side too

My scorched fingers are slightly better this morning - the skin has toughened up a bit, so they're less sensitive than they were, but just about usable

Comment

Working...
                      X