• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning knackered. I swear it's the fumes from the paint stripper...
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Living the dream.

Last evening's entertainment was "Leon" starring a very young Queen Amigdala and Jean Reno.
      Top movie!

Follow up with Ronin.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Morning knackered. I swear it's the fumes from the paint stripper...
        Get him to use some deodorant?
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Top movie!

Follow up with Ronin.
          That's a good idea, I'll see if it's in the pile somewhere.

After I've watched the extras on "Leon".

Comment

Morning all
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Have had to be in for a full 3 days at client co, as I was waiting for my remote access to be re applied.

I have also found that I have been extended by the bare skin of my teeth.
              The escalations had to go above MD level to get it done. I believe that people telling them the various key projects that would fail, if I left, helped.

Made it very clear to my current "handler" that as a contractor, in reality, I don't really GAS either way.
              He then apologised for "only" 4 months extn and said he would be looking for further budgets and deliverables to be agreed to extend it further
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Just been told I was too polite when dealing with the Internal Germans and should have warned someone that when I said I don't want that in a presentation (its too technical) I should have told him directly not to do it.

The fact I've shown the German who wanted the bit in is utterly incompetent is seemingly irrelevant (personally that was the point of the exercise)..
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Just been told I was too polite when dealing with the Internal Germans and should have warned someone that when I said I don't want that in a presentation (its too technical) I should have told him directly not to do it.

The fact I've shown the German who wanted the bit in is utterly incompetent is seemingly irrelevant (personally that was the point of the exercise)..
                  there seem to be politics in the German work method that don't seem to make sense. Having a German boss is nice in some ways & blooming confusing in others.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Massive traffic snarl-up on the local roads when I went for petrol, probably caused by a tractor looking for a reed bed to cut

Still, it allowed me to listen to that Hammond idiot telling me I'm a drain on the nation for owning my own company

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      there seem to be politics in the German work method that don't seem to make sense. Having a German boss is nice in some ways & blooming confusing in others.
                      You seem confused by that fact when you have almost daily exposure to scooters ramblings
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X